Chapala.com Webboard

recommended vehicle?

MNMichelle

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, modeeper said:

Yes, S&S doesn't sell cars at all, do they?  So they are MIM repos?

No, the majority of their sales are new cars. They do resell cars for expats that for some reason need to dispose of them. They include those returning home and estates. You are really picking upon one of the most trusted businesses Lakeside.

We bought a used car directly from S&S auto in 2012 and they took our trade-in as well. The car we bought was "used by a little old lady" in Mirasol who passed away. It's 10 years old now and still doesn't have 50,000 km. on it. I would certainly buy from them again and have been very happy with our purchase.

We recognized a great deal when we saw it. But, we had also done our homework and had checked the prices that were being asked on http://www.soloauto.com.mx on a number of vehicles that we were interested in. Like sofas, ya gotta give 'em a test drive first.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, modeeper said:

I remember seeing your car on a link on Yahoo .. the 10 worse cars to buy.  No joke.  

I'd nix employing some agency to find a car.  He'll just take you to his brother's lot.  If there is nothing for you there he'll take you to his cousin's lot.  If he takes you to a lot where he knows nobody he'll cut a commission deal with the manager while your back is turned checking out cars.  If he turns you over to an English-speaking salesman it's even worse. 

There's a website called, Segundamano.  Find one you like and have a local friend call and cut a deal for you.  Rule of thumb, minus at least 20% from asking price.  And remember The less it's been in the hands of a local mechanic the better off you'll be.

You're in one of the top 10 most corrupt nations in the world .. you know that right?

Nonsense about S & S.

Folks I can hear ole Mopeeper laughing all the way up here in Colorado!  Someone suggested he was just a pot-stirrer and he is, but he would not have anything to stir if we’d all just go on about our business here on Chapala-land’s daily pastime!  

We all know that S&S is about as good as it gets lakeside so why try and convince someone ad nauseam who is really not interested in that fact. And we also know this conversation has nothing to do with chocolates but somehow that got injected for what it was worth.... which was not much!

If EVER there was a thread that needed locking it is this one. The OP got her question answered about 80 Posts ago.... the rest, including this diarrhea, is probably serving no purpose whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

But you did NOT lay off, did you?

Yo moose, show me a link to a post that mentions S&S posted in less than 6 hours ago.  Cause 6 hours ago is when I backed out in a response to Angus..  Maybe SOLD means something else to you in Canadian English.  Nice try, Donald.

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Folks I can hear ole Mopeeper laughing all the way up here in Colorado!  Someone suggested he was just a pot-stirrer and he is, but he would not have anything to stir if we’d all just go on about our business here on Chapala-land’s daily pastime!  

We all know that S&S is about as good as it gets lakeside so why try and convince someone ad nauseam who is really not interested in that fact. And we also know this conversation has nothing to do with chocolates but somehow that got injected for what it was worth.... which was not much!

If EVER there was a thread that needed locking it is this one. The OP got her question answered about 80 Posts ago.... the rest, including this diarrhea, is probably serving no purpose whatsoever. 

Maybe that's because there is no provision for a banter room here.  The forums are very limited.

2, The market value of a website is based on post count activity.  This thread got a lot of that.

3, Maybe the owner(s) have no interest in selling this forum some day in the future.  Personally if it were mine, for fun or for sale, it'd be better it had a high rating than low.  

4,  Troll, pot stirer ..  maybe it's nothing more than playing devil's advocate.  In my case I'm just checking to see if any hearts are pumping, blood is flowing, round here.  I worry about y'all.  After all your lil town is famous in GDL.  Ask 100 Guanatos what comes to mind when you think of Ajijic and they'll say rich Gringos and hard drinkers.  That's what you're famous for.  I didn't just arrive bro. 

You should welcome posters who raise activity.  Y'all are old and it shows.  You think I've never had contact face to face with your people?  You think I don't know what slurred speech and red faces are a sign of? 

Do you think Ajijic is the only Gringo expat community in the nation?  Los Cabos has about 10, La Paz has about three.  Along the Pacific shore there are plenty more.  And that's only one state.  Y'all are so proud of your lake.  How would you like to live where there is whale watching, where you can lean off the boat and pet them, 1000 uninhabited island in the Sea of Cortez,  a real nightlife where there's a different group every night?

I house-sat for a few months in a Gringo enclave in a town in BCS called, El Centenario.  What a sad scene.  One nightclub where 50 people go every night and chug whatever till they pass out on the table face-down in a plate of chile rellenos.

Archived