Chapala.com Webboard

Chicken Wings - where do you go?

ComputerGuy

Regardless of the stories about how wings became fodder for caldo, and now are the most sought-after (and ridiculously expensive) snack in NA... who's got a fave place lakeside?

Wings Army, too small and too expensive (very much in keeping with Guadalajara chains that are all "me too American"). That 'wings and beer' place behind the gas station on the libramiento: I've never been in. Two times I went at 1:30 pm and they were just putting tables down and sweeping; the oil hadn't even been turned on. Tony's chicken shop wings are super-breaded, and tasty, but not crispy hot-sauce type wings. Generally I make my own, but sometimes, you just wanna snack out.

2 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Either only Travis and I like wings, or there are no other places to talk about...

Go to the place across from and up the road a bit from the Laguna Mall with the barbecue just back from the street formerly known as "Dusty Chicken" and get the whole bird.  They'll supply you with a number of sides, including fiery sauce.  The wings are just delicious.  If you're hungry, get some more birds and have great tacos for a few days.  I love chicken wings, but haven't found another place around here that makes 'em to my liking.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

I LOVE wings but get mine at a friend’s house. She makes the BEST wings ever, but I KNOW you don’t want a recipe on how to make them at home. :D

Thanks! Apart from the obvious reference to past "make your own" posts, I actually have made a few million, I think.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, camillenparadise said:

I for one would LOVE a recipe!!!

With apologies to ComputerGuy, this is the recipe my friend uses.   https://thecookful.com/bake-chicken-wings-crispy/  

It makes the best wings I have ever had. She makes her sauce by simply mixing melted butter with Frank’s Hot Sauce purchased at Soriana. She says she uses about 50% sauce and 50% butter for hers. You can adjust to suit the heat level you like. Frank’s may also be available at Walmart and/or SuperLake. 

Archived