Chapala.com Webboard

Eliseo Valenzuela just hired a student from Have Hammers Carpentry School 126 Pepe Gazar in Chapala

traderspoc

Eliseo Valenzuela just hired a student from Have Hammers Carpentry School
Luis Rodriguez Torres The carpentry shop is at 126 Pepe Gazar in Chapala. The old Truper Hardware store. His phone number is 331 841 5751. The shop is open every day,  9 to 5

Please if you can, go and get estimates for your carpentry project. Tell them you’re there because he hired LUIS. If you decide to have the job done ask him to have Luis work on it.

It is a great way to help Have Hammers carpentry school by supporting the student in his chosen career in carpentry.

Next you time you visit Soriano’s just make a right at the boat. That is Pepe Gazar. Go drive straight several blocks it’s on the left side of the street.  It is at the intersection where turn to LOVE in Action orphanage. It’s the old Truper hardware store.

or just stop buy and see the projects being made.

wayne

STORE.JPG

CABINET.JPG

DSCN8395.JPG

my wife  maureen just spoke with Luis's mother she very happy that he got a job. She is a single mom.  it was a referral by Have Hammers president Mike Ouimet.

he was hired immediately. as he had a good reference and experience.

Its a challenge to get a job as a carpenter in lakeside.  most carpentry businesses are family owned and their children and cousins get the jobs first.

Luis;s  income will make their lives easier.

It's  my understanding that Have Hammers mission was not to flood the market with carpenters, but to teach all the students LIFE SKILLS to carry with them for a life TIME no matter what line of work they might pursue. In that light I think Have Hammers is doing a remarkable job. The city of Ocoatlan is a major furniture manufacturing center in this part of the country and I know of one student who got a job there on his own and possibly his sidekick also. How many others find their own carpentry jobs I do not know. All of us older guys probably had shop classes in school which we remember until today and the items we made. Did we all become carpenter, metal makers or electricians, NOPE, but I for one learned a lot and was always grateful for the opportunity. HEY!! Don't you guys at H.H. have a fundraiser coming up, when and where. We would like to know. Hopefully Luis be there. Good Luck on a continued great project you are providing for our kids here at lakeside.

The only fundraising event for Have Hammers in February   will be the BINGOLAGO every Tuesday 1pm at maria Isabel restaurant This Tuesday FEB 6 2018 CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE tasting.

two charities helping each other. sweet & treats a HOPE House Chocolate store in Ajijc. will be making the chocolates.

over 20 door prizes of chocolates

chocolate tasting feb 6 2018 color hope house.jpg

Archived