Chapala.com Webboard

Cosmetic Surgery in Chapala

virgo1074

23 hours ago, KMD said:

Would love some personal recommendations for neck or facelift and/or rhinoplasy from doctors in the area. It seems Drs. Bimbella and Gabriel Hernandez come up often, but not sure who specializes in what, or if there are others recommended. Any info would be appreciated. I'm very interested in  checking out your community for a near future move, and hope to explore the area combined with a procedure. Thanks to anyone willing to share!

I highly recommend Dr. Hernandez and support from Anne Dyer who makes it all easy 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2019 at 1:50 PM, Audone said:

I am also  looking for a plastic surgeon who can do upper and lower eyelids.  So far I have met with Dr. Ben  ( no) Dr Gabriel Hernandez Nuño and Dr Heriberto. Any thoughts on Dr Bimbelas or Dr Rafael Arenas..? Any info / recommendations appreciated

A number of years ago (10?) I had upper and lower eye lid surgery in Guadalajara by Dra. Guadalupe Ortriz Salazar. Her office is/was at the Puerta de Hierro Hospital in Zapopan. I was/am still very pleased with the surgery and results. At the time I did some research like you are doing here. A local Ajijic resident, herself a retired  Doctor from the States, had the surgery done by Dra. Ortiz after a recommendation from her Mexican Opthomologist (?). She was impressed with Dr. Ortiz and highly recommended her to me.

Good luck with your search and surgery!

https://www.tocdoc.com/doctor/dra-maria-guadalupe-ortiz-salazar

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, Upfront said:

arm flab that comes with age. many women really worry about this

LOL. Elders used to be respected for their experience and wisdom and didn't worry about things like arm flab. Now everyone wants to look like they're still 20 years old, which results in ridiculous outcomes like their eyebrows ending up halfway up their forehead, so they look like they are constantly surprised, having so much botox pumped into their faces that their only facial expression is 'immobile', and getting face lifts while their neck still belies their actual age.

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Upfront said:

arm flab that comes with age. many women really worry about this

It comes from doing a lot of physical work when your children are small--picking up/holding baby, hanging up laundry/hawling the basket, etc. When you no longer use it, it the muscle atrophies and the skin hangs. Big weight loss also....I use 5lb weights and it tones up. Wonder if the young women of today will have the same problem as they have strollers and washer/driers which I didn't....I come from a long lived female line and expect another 20-30 years of active life. I don't need to look like a teenager, but nothing wrong with keeping yourself in good condition.....

4 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

Wonder if the young women of today will have the same problem as they have strollers and washer/driers which I didn't.

The young women of today, at least the ones I know, are really into physical exercise- they go to the gym, do crossfit, pilates, jog, etc. Of course there's some who are couch potatoes, stuffing their faces with junk food and never exercising, but that happened when I was young, too.

In addition to carrying three kids around, I've always done plenty of physical labor and still do. I'm 71 and don't have any arm flab.

• 1 month later...

Dr. Hector Miramontes was an excellent surgeon in Guadalajara.  He passed away in January.  Many adverts are out there not revealing this and you are directed to a coordinator who is an ex-pat.  I feel this is misleading since you are directed by phone or email to the coordinator who has no replacement, no medical training or idea as to who you should see if you have any problems as I did recently unless it is a regular doctor of your own choosing.

• 1 year later...

Hi all!

My stepmom lives in Lake Chapala. I don’t know if you knew my father Sheldon James? He passed away some years ago.

I believe I saw Dr Ben when I was there for a consultation. I did like his work but gosh that was like 7 years ago!

I would like to have a mini face lift. Can you recommend anyone? 

Thank you all so much!

Rose

On 12/23/2022 at 6:50 PM, RoseinBerkeley said:

Hi all!

My stepmom lives in Lake Chapala. I don’t know if you knew my father Sheldon James? He passed away some years ago.

I believe I saw Dr Ben when I was there for a consultation. I did like his work but gosh that was like 7 years ago!

I would like to have a mini face lift. Can you recommend anyone? 

Thank you all so much!

Rose

Dr. Ben ( maybe, but he is getting older. ) Dr. Hernandez at Plaza Montana ( no no) If you want I can private message you.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maryanna said:

Dr. Ben ( maybe, but he is getting older. ) Dr. Hernandez at Plaza Montana ( no no) If you want I can private message you.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

I would love a private message thanks!!!