Chapala.com Webboard

MiTelmex - online downloads of bills

I was sent an email with a link to my monthly bill for TelMex, which is good, because for some reason the paper version hasn't arrived this month. Signing in to the webpage (http://telmex.com/web/hogar/mi-telmex)

takes me to a Security page with a single option: change your password. Since I needed to anyway, I did, and the next page is blank.

Two things followed: trying to sign in again shows that the new password was not accepted, and that I got stuck in an endless loop. Going back to the home page, the section " Consulta y paga tu Recibo Telmex" is not active, making it impossible to carry on.

Ironically, the APP for cell phones that allows you to swipe for payment at any store... has never worked. So, another fine example of the phone company's continuing disintegration of customer service. (Yes, I know how to pay my bill without all this.) (Also, doesn't matter which browser I use.)

For some reason or other, I have been able to download my Telmex bills from MiTelmex.  Have not a clue why.  Fortunately I just save my originals that I get in the mail. Next month I will send a message to Telmex.   Maybe they are not aware of the problem.

I found that using the phone app you can reset your password and it will work with the MiTelmex account as well. It only last for a month or two and you have to do it again.

But using the app, after you try to reset you get an email asking you to confirm. Once you do, everything work well again for a while.

23 hours ago, Arroyos said:

For some reason or other, I have been able to download my Telmex bills from MiTelmex.  Have not a clue why.  Fortunately I just save my originals that I get in the mail. Next month I will send a message to Telmex.   Maybe they are not aware of the problem.

What's the problem??

Yep, thanks, and used two different computers... one that had never attempted to log in to that site before. The only thing left is to factory-reset the modem; since both PCs are on the same modem, and I have seen this "refusal to cooperate" before, that may work. I will post back.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:50 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Moronic comments aside, something is up.

Arroyos, were you taken to a page to change your password?

Ever the same here....wish people would just grow up..instead of just old and think they are funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got an email from TelMex this evening that said, basically, "Upgrade your TelMex account". Among other things, a link was provided for "consult and pay your TelMex bill"... this time, the same "change password" page worked, and took me to my account.

So there was definitely something going on that was being worked on, and preventing me from doing this before.

I went round and round with Telmex in November.  I logged into my account, entered the same password I have had for years and it kept telling me it wasn't correct.  Took at least 3 visits to correct the problem.  Same thing has happened twice again..go figure.

Archived