Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a good factory store to buy large plant pots

Cincy

I understand that in the Tonala area there are retail outlets that manufacture and sell plant pots, chimeras, vases, etc that are for sale to the public.  I have a large van so transporting is not a problem.  Anyone have a favorite place?   I know some of the viveros have good selections here in Lakeside but I would like to access their sources.

Driving into Tonala turn left at the first light. Drive approximately 3 blocks. Get on the right side road. You can't miss the pottery yards that are there. That whole area has just about anything you could imagine. Small pots to ones over 6' tall

make sure to paint the pots inside with chapopote. You can buy it at Prisa and a couple coats before using would be good. They also have cute pedestals at the same place. You can get better quality pots at the vivero behind Ajijic Clinic. They will deliver and place for a coke and a tip. Well worth it.

22 hours ago, dcstroker said:

Driving into Tonala turn left at the first light. Drive approximately 3 blocks. Get on the right side road. You can't miss the pottery yards that are there. That whole area has just about anything you could imagine. Small pots to ones over 6' tall

We call it Pot Alley. Most of the pots we bought there have lasted 12 years. 

Archived