Chapala.com Webboard

Flu Shot

Halfglass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Zeb said:

There is science behind what I do as an alternate to flu shots.  If you cannot be tolerant or accepting of others' opinions, do not participate, but be quiet. 

Care to share a link to the study? A scientific one, not a magazine article unless it contains the link.

13 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Care to share a link to the study? A scientific one, not a magazine article unless it contains the link.

No, I do not care to and I explained why in an earlier post.  If someone is really interested in some holistic approaches, then they can PM me.

Do your own research.  I don't want to get into debates and arguments with people over this, as I know from being on this forum, no matter what is posted, when someone doesn't agree, it will be cause for being discredited and start an argument, personal criticism, etc., which is already happening. 

Just now, Zeb said:

No, I do not care to and I explained why in an earlier post.  Do your own research.

Oh, I do in places like this: 137299_jama_logo_3001423426016.jpg

I could not care less what you think, just don't pawn off your opinion as fact. Watch this TED Talks for a clue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Z7KeNCi7g

I will never get a flu shot. Personal choice after reading many articles over the years. I also prefer to keep my own immune system in tip top shape and that includes not eating antibiotics like they're some kind of candy. We are all unique and what works for one does not work for somebody else. Each to his/her own. BTW, I've only had one cold in the last 15 years and I never get "food poisoning". Guess I'm just lucky. :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, Ferret said:

I will never get a flu shot. Personal choice after reading many articles over the years. I also prefer to keep my own immune system in tip top shape and that includes not eating antibiotics like they're some kind of candy. We are all unique and what works for one does not work for somebody else. Each to his/her own. BTW, I've only had one cold in the last 15 years and I never get "food poisoning". Guess I'm just lucky. :rolleyes:

Well then, you and I agree on how we do things.   And...it is personal choice.

14 hours ago, ajijiccharlie said:

The comments after this article are the most interesting. It seems that a new drug had been introduced with no knowledge of its toxicity. That new drug was asprin which would account for the bleeding from the lungs,etc. My husband's grandfather was one of the fatalities, he was only 27 years old and according to family papers he died within 2 days from pneumonia. The article also mentioned the use of large quantities of vit C to keep the cell membranes tight and avoid drowning in your own fluids. This knowledge is being surpressed by main stream medicine as its not a money maker. My own father got the 1977 flu vaccine and was paralysed for 2 years...keep healthy everyone and keep your eyes open.

Each to his/her own. That means, Angus, that you too can do as you like.

A flu shot is not a mandated vaccination. It is an optional one. How about addressing some of the information that has been supplied here instead of posting funnies... or is that your way of deflecting from the seriousness of the conversation.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/should-not-vacc.html#flu

Influenza (inactivated) vaccine

Some people should not get this vaccine.

Tell the person who is giving you the vaccine:

• If you have any severe, life-threatening allergies.
    If you ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction after a dose of flu vaccine, or have a severe allergy to any part of this vaccine, you may be advised not to get vaccinated. Most, but not all, types of flu vaccine contain a small amount of egg protein.
  • If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (also called GBS).
    Some people with a history of GBS should not get this vaccine. This should be discussed with your doctor.
  • If you are not feeling well.
    It is usually okay to get flu vaccine when you have a mild illness, but you might be asked to come back when you feel better.

This information was taken directly from the Inactivated Influenza VIS(https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/flu.html)

Top of Page

Influenza (live) vaccine

Some people should not get this vaccine.

Some people should not get LAIV because of age, health conditions, or other reasons. Most of these people should get an injected flu vaccine instead. Your healthcare provider can help you decide.

Tell the provider if you or the person being vaccinated:

• have any allergies, including an allergy to eggs, or have ever had an allergic reaction to an influenza vaccine.
  • have ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (also called GBS).
  • have any long-term heart, breathing, kidney, liver, or nervous system problems.
  • have asthma or breathing problems, or are a child who has had wheezing episodes.
  • are pregnant.
  • are a child or adolescent who is receiving aspirin or aspirin-containing products.
  • have a weakened immune system.
  • will be visiting or taking care of someone, within the next 7 days, who requires a protected environment (for example, following a bone marrow transplant).

Sometimes LAIV should be delayed. Tell the provider if you or the person being vaccinated:

• are not feeling well. The vaccine could be delayed until you feel better.
  • have gotten any other vaccines in the past 4 weeks. Live vaccines given too close together might not work as well.
  • have taken influenza antiviral medication in the past 48 hours.
  • have a very stuffy nose.

This information was taken directly from the Live Influenza VIS

6 hours ago, Ferret said:

If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (also called GBS).

The chances of getting GBS are about 1 in 100,000. I won the lottery about 15 years ago and experienced the effects of the syndrome after my auto-immune system was possibly compromised from a nasty sinus infection. It's a syndrome so the causes are unknown but generally are related to an auto-immune system gone haywire. I was lucky and didn't end up on a ventilator although the nerve damage persists to this day.

Four months after the initial symptoms a neurologist in Dallas pronounced the final diagnosis, said there was nothing else to do and sent me on my way. Before leaving the office he gave me a Dr. Death stare and  said in no uncertain terns NEVER EVER get a flu shot. Once an auto-immune system has been compromised a flu shot or vaccine could trigger another recurrence.

My choice now is easy but others have to weigh the options.  If you have any concerns about your auto-immune system think twice. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, Zeb said:

What is the vaccine for people who are insulting and intolerant?

As usual, someone, in this case you, has to make a snide remark and  insult.  This is why I wrote that I did not post to get into arguments with people. 

Zeb,

Please don't let the snarky ones get to you. While I don't necessarily agree with your views, I also don't disagree w/them. When I was much younger, I bought the standard medical treatment as the be-all, end-all (didn't help that both parents worked in the medical field). Now, I find that I'm a lot more open to the alternatives that are out there, thanks to a friend who's quite knowledgeable about natural medicine and my own reading. If nothing else, it's nice to have choices. 

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

Well aren't you just the sweetest and most compassionate person ever. What part about anyone with a compromised immune system should NOT get a flu shot don't you get? 

It's a case of "my mind is made up, don't disturb me with the facts."  He's one of those.  I used to be a big believers and doctors, prescriptions, etc., until I started doing some studying, etc. 

3 hours ago, Tingting said:

Zeb,

Please don't let the snarky ones get to you. While I don't necessarily agree with your views, I also don't disagree w/them. When I was much younger, I bought the standard medical treatment as the be-all, end-all (didn't help that both parents worked in the medical field). Now, I find that I'm a lot more open to the alternatives that are out there, thanks to a friend who's quite knowledgeable about natural medicine and my own reading. If nothing else, it's nice to have choices. 

I have learned much from functional/integrative physicians as well as Naturopaths.  So much of it makes sense.

Archived