Chapala.com Webboard

Musicians? Want to play?

Not sure I am posting in the right place, but here goes. Looking for folks who want to jam/perform country music, honky tonk, bluegrass, folk, jazz, or originals. I play fiddle, and would really like to do some playing. anybody out there? Looking for guitar players, lead vocals, banjo, mando or ?? If you don't play I would sure love to have some contacts for players. Thanks!

On 1/26/2018 at 6:31 PM, Mainecoons said:

Anyone doing any Bluegrass at any of the local open mikes at this point?

I`ve been to the 3 I know of (Bodega on Wednesdays and the 2 Chapala open mikes on Monday and Thursday) and haven`t encountered any (besides my own poor attempts in a cappella Appalachian ballads).  Do you know of more open mikes than these?

• 1 year later...

Hello:

BDmowers was a little off on the Chapala open mics. yes the El Patio is on Thursday but my Open Mic which is more in a coffeehouse setting is on Friday at Historica Buenos Ayres Cafe, corner of Morelos and Zaragoza a few blocks before American Legion, same side of street. This Friday, we have open mic from 6-7pm and a special show from 7-8 where James Martin and I are playing country songs in the round. You should come and check us out. it would be great to have a fiddle player around.  also you can go on the following sites to see what's up in the entertainment listings.

Facebook: Lakeside Open Mics

Lakeside and Ajijic Entertainment, a great listing by Sharon Stavrof(SP?)

Teresa Trigiani-vocalist/guitarist/hostess of open mic/student of jazz

bd is a real good friend of mine. He referenced it to Monday night(implied because El Patio is the Thursday night) which mine used to be for years, but it has been changed to Friday night since he dropped out of the scene. sometime in 2018. thank you.

28 minutes ago, virgogirl said:

bd is a real good friend of mine. He referenced it to Monday night(implied because El Patio is the Thursday night) which mine used to be for years, but it has been changed to Friday night since he dropped out of the scene. sometime in 2018. thank you.

Oh my goodness! My most abject apologies for not knowing the entire history of music in Chapala! In my defense, had you worded your post differently it may have been clearer in the beginning. But, I am not an English teacher so I don’t really know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Do I detect an angry, bitter ex-pat who feels her talents are under valued and way underpaid?

If anyone has ever wondered why and how today's graduates leave high school and yet many are functionally illiterate and can't spell or use punctuation correctly, your answer is in this thread.

• Sad 1

On 7/25/2019 at 11:45 AM, Karen Perry said:

Hola, is this Musician's group still happening.  I just moved to the area and sing, play guitar and love harmony.  Let me know!

Karen

Karen, I sent you a PM.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:25 AM, virgogirl said:

Hello:

BDmowers was a little off on the Chapala open mics. yes the El Patio is on Thursday but my Open Mic which is more in a coffeehouse setting is on Friday at Historica Buenos Ayres Cafe, corner of Morelos and Zaragoza a few blocks before American Legion, same side of street. This Friday, we have open mic from 6-7pm and a special show from 7-8 where James Martin and I are playing country songs in the round. You should come and check us out. it would be great to have a fiddle player around.  also you can go on the following sites to see what's up in the entertainment listings.

Facebook: Lakeside Open Mics

Lakeside and Ajijic Entertainment, a great listing by Sharon Stavrof(SP?)

Teresa Trigiani-vocalist/guitarist/hostess of open mic/student of jazz

What`s "country songs in the round"? 

It simply means that the group doing the show/presentation takes turns playing a song, giving the song a little intro, saying why they like it. I believe the term began in nashville.

oh, and by the way, i'm never insulted if folks don't like me using lower case to chat on posts and the like. i have to be so perfect in the classroom, that i go very slack on these social media things.

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2018 at 7:36 PM, mrsfiddlegirl said:

Not sure I am posting in the right place, but here goes. Looking for folks who want to jam/perform country music, honky tonk, bluegrass, folk, jazz, or originals. I play fiddle, and would really like to do some playing. anybody out there? Looking for guitar players, lead vocals, banjo, mando or ?? If you don't play I would sure love to have some contacts for players. Thanks!

You left out 60s Rock and the Blues!

• Like 1