Chapala.com Webboard

New Garbage Pick-up Schedule?

kgreenbury

I'm in San Antonio and the garbage trucks have been really erratic since Christmas.  Normally they come Monday, Wednesday and Friday but there was a 4 day gap again this week and things got kind of smelly.  Not to mention the street dogs wanting to strew everything in the road when you put bags out, hoping for a truck.  Need to know when to expect the guys because they can't just sit there for hours.  I read that there's a private contractor now but wasn't clear if that's for all areas or when they might turn up.  Anyone?

I''m  south of La Paz on the eastern side, some few blocks away from Yo1, and have 3 times a week. M,W,F. They missed Monday a week ago, and Monday and today, Wednesday. So apparently at least the M, W, F people are seeing a problem.

This is what I heard from a neighbor. Passing it along for what it's worth. The truck broke down. The garbage collection has been turned over to Chapala. Now that was all my news. Apparently "Chapala" can't be bothered with the M,W F trash pick up is SAT. Maybe talking to the men on the truck will clarify the situation if we can catch them.

Archived