Chapala.com Webboard

Us today article on mexico

traderspoc

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Oh, I think there are hundreds of them (places, not people!) including Ixtlahuacan de Los Membrillos and Atotonilquillo....

Especially Tijuana. It pains me to see the news people say Tiajuana, especially on the National Geographic channel.

2 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

Always fancied living in wales but..llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

was a bit much.

Jonah lived in whales - all he had to do was to learn to talk to God for three days. Unbelievably, I can actually pronounce that Welsh location!

Lol, good one! Easily upset, are we?

To bring this back to the original post. Just like the nightly news, it is impossible to shoehorn a comprehensive description of an isolated incident or location for the rest of the world to understand. That's why when the gummint releases a travel advisory, I get all kinds of calls and messages from friends back home worried for my life. They just don't get the overall picture.

In this case, I'd say that the author was particularly taken with our area, and wrote same. Just as I was, my first visits here. For example, I marvelled at the huge number of fabulous restaurants. But I was in vacation mode, and everything was sunny, happy, and don't worry. Eventually my taste buds learned to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak, in terms of Mexican food, and I was suddenly no longer a vacationing tourist.

Well, when I moved here 21 years ago everyone we met pronounced it as

Aah hee heek....  no emphasis on any syllable.  However, there were many Canadians who somewhere had been told Aah HEE heek.  Still grates on my ears to hear that on occasion.

Not sure what to think about the article....  i came down with a friend and his lady and we got rooms at chapala real next to the lake. I had decided just to get rooms for 1 night.   Next morning i told my friend "we are out of here" i was not pleased with the price they charge for the rooms.  We went over to hotel danza del sol and were very pleased.

When the reporter says the real the chapala is the most blah blah blah.... that is truly an incorrect statement

Archived