Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon MX - Impressive!

cybertramp

I just used it for the first time. If you have a US Amazon account, you just log in to Amazon MX and it uses all of your info already there. Just be sure to add your Mexican address if it wasn't already there.

I've ordered several things in recent months and also have been pleased with the speed of delivery.

Valerie :)

I ordered three times - two of them the item was delivered but the 3rd time it was not.  If it comes by courier it is more likely to get here.  I complained to Amazon and they refunded my money so it ended well.  

I order fairly frequently from Amazon U.S. and have been checking out the Amazon Mexico site for months. Their search function capabilities absolutely drive me nuts.

I just searched for bathroom cabinets (gabinetes para baños) and got a LOT of pages which included bathroom lights, medicine cabinets, faucets, PENIS ENLARGEMENT CREAM, A TOOL TO REMOVE BLACKHEADS, ETC. ETC. ETC. ........... sometimes it's funny but most of the time it's a huge waste of time.

edited to add: Forgot the hair thickening product... OY VEY!

I ordered from Amazon.mx in November and it took about a month to come. First it went into the US postal system and then into Mexican postal. For awhile they had no record of my order and then did not know where it was. I wonder if it would have been better if I had ordered from Amazon US. 

I will give them another chance. 

3 hours ago, Sea said:

I just used it for the first time. If you have a US Amazon account, you just log in to Amazon MX and it uses all of your info already there. Just be sure to add your Mexican address if it wasn't already there.

So if you have Prime on the US site you have it on Mexican site as well or no??

10 hours ago, cedros said:

I ordered from Amazon.mx in November and it took about a month to come. First it went into the US postal system and then into Mexican postal. For awhile they had no record of my order and then did not know where it was. I wonder if it would have been better if I had ordered from Amazon US. 

I will give them another chance. 

I order from Amazon MX and Mercado Libre and have had no problems but, I stay away from items marked importacion. Not sure I will ever get the item. Imported from where?

Amazon MX usually uses FedEx and Mercado Libre has a contract with DHL. Both are very quick. Outside of Mexico you are subject to the delivery method used by the shipper which will probably not be Amazon US, Amazon MX or Mercado Libre.

When searching for something on Mercado LIbre, set your search filter for Jalisco. If you find what you want in a Jalisco listing it will probably come very quickly. I've ordered computer items that way. I've ordered something one day and had it delivered the next day a couple of times since it was just coming from Guad.

1 hour ago, sugarplumfaerie said:

Everything I have ever ordered from Mercado Libre has been delivered by Fed Ex.  And it has worked perfectly.

For at least a year ML has had a contract with DHL. I order about monthly and packages always come DHL. Unless you work directly with the seller and make a specific request,  they will always come DHL. 

9 minutes ago, dave0415 said:

For at least a year ML has had a contract with DHL. I order about monthly and packages always come DHL. Unless you work directly with the seller and make a specific request,  they will always come DHL. 

I have only been here for six months, have made no special arrangements with any seller, have ordered directly on the ML web site, and every delivery has come FedEx.  

6 hours ago, dave0415 said:

I order from Amazon MX and Mercado Libre and have had no problems but, I stay away from items marked importacion. Not sure I will ever get the item. Imported from where?

Amazon MX usually uses FedEx and Mercado Libre has a contract with DHL. Both are very quick. Outside of Mexico you are subject to the delivery method used by the shipper which will probably not be Amazon US, Amazon MX or Mercado Libre.

I try to stay away from sellers that are not Amazon, especially when the item is labelled 'importacion'. No problems so far.  DHL, Fedex, Estafeta are all reliable.

Archived