Chapala.com Webboard

Bypass Lagos de Moreno?

RickS

Has anyone used the bypass/Libramiento around Lagos de Moreno in the last few months?  Is it still a wasteland of potholes?  I’ve gone right through town before and it’s not that bad... I’ll take that again if the bypass is still a “shi*hole”.

37 minutes ago, RickS said:

Has anyone used the bypass/Libramiento around Lagos de Moreno in the last few months?  Is it still a wasteland of potholes?  I’ve gone right through town before and it’s not that bad... I’ll take that again if the bypass is still a “shi*hole”.

Hey RIck, no politics allowed :lol:

When traveling to the U.S. we try to leave here early on Sunday morning and get around Lagos before many of the trucks are moving.  It is a very poor road and when busy gets really tedious.  I'd gladly pay a toll to bypass the whole thing.  Looking at a map of Lagos driving through looks a little complicated but I'm giving it a try next time as I'm finding my updated Garmin navigates Mexico pretty good these days after Garmin acquired Bici Mapas.

Drove through Lagos Thursday morning around noon.... piece of cake.  I suggest that those of you who have smartphones use google maps to navigate the town. I followed its directions and it did take me on a side street to miss the middle of town. I had previewed that route on my laptop with google maps prior so was prepared for it to take me that way. 

Through town is way better than taking the liebramiento in the shape it is currently in. 

Archived