Chapala.com Webboard
cstone

Earthquake ?

At approximately 10:20am, my entire house shook. My sliders rattled and it felt like a sonic boom without the noise. I have lived in quake country for 20+ years, but havve never felt one here. We are in Mirasol. Anyone else feel anything ?

I am in San Antonio and at the time you mentioned was sitting at mt desk on my computer and nada, ziltch, zero movement. I can only imagine that this must be something concerning your particular structure. Hope all is OK after an inspection. PS, I also lived in earthquake country for many years and lived through a few doozies. 

Turns out to have been a neighborhood house had some sort of natural gas boom due to a clothes dryer malfunction. At least that's what I understood from the policeman. There was a fire truck, police truck and an ambulance. No flame, no one hurt, but it sure did make everything jump a bit. Thankfully, no one was injured and there was no fire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cstone said:

Turns out to have been a neighborhood house had some sort of natural gas boom...

Dang, we in Chapala have to contend with bottled propane.