Chapala.com Webboard

Carnaval 2018 Chapala

This was posted on the Facebook  ChapalaTown group.

“More carnival info: The core of the Carnival will be located on the Ramón Corona promenade where all the stalls, rides and terraces will be placed. Likewise, a stage with free music will be placed in the "Fuente de los Pescadores".
The main entrance to the carnival core will be through the square located in front of the Chapala City Hall building, where there will be the revisions by the Municipal Police and Private Security. The streets that lead to the Chapala boardwalk will also be closed.
The 2018 Chapala Carnival to be held on the Chapala boardwalk will begin on February 2 and end on the 12th of the same month. In other years the carnival was held in the Parque de la Cristiania.
More than 120,000 visitors are expected. Don't plan to drive or park in Chapala's centro for those 12 days, but do plan to enjoy the spectacle!”

3 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Yeah! Others will have to put up with the noise this time.

Oh crap! That means me, since I live a block from the stage area. Don't mind the noise so much as having to clean up after the spontaneous parties that will inevitably occur on my front steps and having to entertain my freeloading Mexican friends who will inevitably stop by to visit. (Hey, just kidding...it's all good to me.)

Archived