Chapala.com Webboard

Auto Body Shop question

bdlngton

13 hours ago, bdlngton said:

A friend has scheduled a car for body work Monday at Ajijic Body Shop?  This appears to be the same body shop formerly known as Lake's, and Ferrnando's before that.  Does anybody know if it has changed hands and if the work is of the same quality as previously?

http://bodyshopajijic.business.site/

Good question and eager to learn of your friends opinion.   I know German left quite some time ago and have heard prices are escalating beyond reason.   Can’t see why the name change unless new owner.   

I have an appointment at Lake Autobody tomorrow, Monday,  at 9AM to have some minor work and front bumper repainted on a 2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. I was quoted $2000 pesos and a 2 day work estimate. 

I will provide a critique after it is finished. 

Not bodywork but.... had a complete detail job Thursday (wash polish wax interior detail and engine cleaning) for 1400 pesos and it was PERFECT as usual.  

P.S.   2,000 pesos for what OP is having done is VERY reasonable.... assuming that the work is up to their ‘old’ standards. I have had similar work done by them when Ferrnando was owner and was pleased. 

14 hours ago, cybertramp said:

I have an appointment at Lake Autobody tomorrow, Monday,  at 9AM to have some minor work and front bumper repainted on a 2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. I was quoted $2000 pesos and a 2 day work estimate. 

I will provide a critique after it is finished. 

Ask them what they use to smooth out the bumper cover(if it needs repair work other than sanding) because I see lots of TPO(polypropylene)bumper covers repaired around here using other than flexible materials and as soon as it gets pushed on a little it breaks.  

Archived