Wayne went today and they asked for:

Plate #

Address

Cross streets

Zip Code

RFC

CURP

Email address

Thank goodness I sent him with everything. Place filled this afternoon and it took him 1 hour.

This is crazy! Half are reporting what you wrote and another half only asked for plate number, as always. Standing in line an hour to save about 50 pesos? Think I will just wait until March, pay full price, and hope they have the same requirements for everyone by then. Wayne's experience flys in the face of the GDL Reporter article saying no changes from previous years. Go figure! Viva Mexico?

We charge 650 pesos as the fee is a bit over 520 and go almost daily so if you dont want to wait in line, you can email us your plate and VIN and then just drop off money after and pick up your new registration

alan, my mechanic, offers his service for 250 p.  he comes to your house wherever you live lakeside--joco, san juan cosala, ajijic--picks up needed info and returns to your home with new registration, sticker, etc.

i repeat this info as angus mewed on another thread that he could'nt see why anyone would pay 250 p when others charged much less.  as i originally posted,  the service is intended for folks who like and/or need this pick-up and delivery to your door.  for me, it was perfect.  his number is 33 11 76 97 33.

So, I went into the recaudadora this morning to pay my car registration.  Mexijims 1...I don't know about your last years driver license but nowhere on my Drivers License issued in 2015 does there appear my CURP or RFC number.  Same thing for my Tarjeta de Circulacion which you get every year when you register your car.

Back to this year:  on entering the building I was handed the small piece of paper by a nice policeman.  This is where someone is asking for your CURP and RFC numbers plus some general information.  I had all of that information with me but I also wanted to pay for my neighbors two cars and she only had the green Tarjeta de Circulacion.  So I told the policeman I only had the green Targeta de Circulacion which is what I have used for the past 13 years to register my car.  He indicated this was no problem.  Sure enough at the counter they easily and quickly processed our three cars without comment and only with the green Tarjeta de Circulacion.

Who knows what next year will bring

I was also there this morning.  I saw the policeman handing out a slip of paper but he didn't hand me one.

I had my "Official Receipt" from paying last years registration fee and it had my RFC number on it.  It did not have my CURP  number on it.

After reading this board, I had lots of information with me and the female cashier asked me for my CURP, e-mail address, telephone number and colour of my house.... all of which I had.  I have no idea what would have happened if I didn't have it.

When I left, the cashier gave me a slip of paper with a new RFC number, made up of the one on last years registration receipt plus 3 more numbers/letters added on.  The"new" RFC number is on my new "Official receipt" but my CURP isn't.  Go figure.

I was also at the Recaudadora this morning and had all the require information which I transcribed on the paper handed to me by the same policeman. Handed my last years registration and the completed form to the clerk and all he wanted was my phone number!

Sadly and for what ever reason, I screwed up both the new registration and the tax sticker when trying to remove them. Both documents are now in the trunk of my car. Never had this problem before, so just wondering if the form may have been defective (then again I sometimes wonder if I am not defective..)

Send a bilingual person or a Mexican national, no issues, no extra info needed if what I am seeing.  Sent my son, who may as well be Mexican since spent more of his life here than in states and no problems even though he had all the necessary info was not necessary as he had told me.  Don't ya just hate when kids are right!!

Fascinating discussion with a wide variety of "what happened to me.'  I think bezerk is probably close to  the answer.  If you act like you know what your doing and speak Spanish to the person behind the desk you may get the express treatment.  I greet them in Spanish and hand them my green tarjeta de circulacion (which I carry at all times in my wallet),

I have never given my CURP or RFC information to them.  I just checked all my documents (with a magnifying glass)  that I got back yesterday and there is no CURP or RFC number.   I heard them asking people for a telephone number and was expecting that to happen, but I was not asked for anything but  quinientos y diez pesos

Archived