Chapala.com Webboard

Big Event in the Ajijic Plaza today!

simpsca

DID YOU ORDER SIGNS FROM XILL FOR THE WOMEN’S MARCH?

Xill Fessenden will be at the Cafe Black & White (east side of main Ajijic Plaza) Saturday 20 January @ 9am.  Please pick up any signs for the Women’s March that you have ordered from her, at the Cafe.  She still has a limited amount of extra signs if you are interested.

Thanks to all for your work putting this together - I look forward to thanking you in person tomorrow. RV, with all respect, if you don't understand something, it is entirely appropriate to remain silent. The board does not require your comments on issues outside of your understanding.

Perhaps I was not clear.  It is those pink winter tuques that look kind of silly in the climate of Ajijic, as shown in a photograph which was previously posted.

It is true that I am unclear regarding the reason for the march in Ajijic.  I had thought that the feminism of the 1970s had faded away.  If not, why the resurgence of a divisive trend?  

The question is rhetorical, so there is no need to reply. 

" If not, why the resurgence of a divisive trend? "

As a fellow elder, I have direct memories of the 70's. The movement was divisive only in that the lopsided division of privileges was pointed out as it had never been before.  Unfortunately, constant vigilance is, indeed, the price of freedom and there has been considerable deterioration of the gains made in that era.   On the lighter side, an artist is in today's news for taking some of the 50's era ads and turning the roles around.  It's hilarious to see an apron-ed man standing next to a gnormous stack of dirty dishes.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/artist-reversed-gender-roles-50s-ads-give-men-taste-sexist-poison-234228722.html

I have to agree that woolly hats don't fit this climate most of the time, but lately it's been chilly.B)

Archived