Chapala.com Webboard

Brrrrr! Cold weather

suegarn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bobby brown said:

well, then I guess you are not a believer/

Suggestion:  Google "climate change".  It's not all about "warming".  IMO, it's a combination of causes. 

Meanwhile, it is winter and Saul just delivered another load of wood, so I'm enjoying my evenings by the fire.  It'll be too hot soon enough.B)

2017 was one of the hottest years on record, NASA says

And the five warmest years on record all came since 2010.

by David Freeman / Jan.18.2018 / 11:30 AM ET

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/2017-was-one-hottest-years-record-nasa-says-ncna838776

record all came since 2010.

5 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/2017-was-one-hottest-years-record-nasa-says-ncna838776

record all came since 2010.

Haven't you heard?  "Global warming" and  "climate change" are on the list of officially Forbidden Words and Phrases.  That's along with "science based".  :rolleyes:  Go with the flow.

All I know is that when I come up to Seattle to visit friends and relatives that it is getting warmer and warmer each year and we are setting record after record. We are also setting records in the amount or rainfall.  So up here in Seattle at least this global whatever is creating a warmer climate with periods of more rain. I still can hardly wait to get back to Lake Chapala.

So far we haven't had any extreme cold periods with lots of snow, but that may be coming. Who knows.

It is global warming that causes global climate change. 

Why do some find that so confusing?   Maybe they are just easily confused about many things. Some can be helped, some cannot.  There is nothing to be done about that.

just pay high priest Gore and it will relieve your quilt for man made global warming.

51 minutes ago, gringal said:

Haven't you heard?  "Global warming" and  "climate change" are on the list of officially Forbidden Words and Phrases.  That's along with "science based".  :rolleyes:  Go with the flow.

It's really simple.  The globe's climate has changed since the beginning of time.  That's how God made it.  Greenland is so named because, at one time, it was lush and green and is now totally different.  That area got cool while somewhere else probably got warm.  This is the nature of things. 

I think the implication in this discussion is not such much as to whether or not climates change, but who do we want to blame for it, so we can control their behavior  I don't want to get into arguments over this.  This is just the way it is.  Islands have disappeared under water and new ones cropped up.  Another natural phenomena.

56 minutes ago, gringal said:

5 minutes ago, Zeb said:

It's really simple.  The globe's climate has changed since the beginning of time.  That's how God made it.  Greenland is so named because, at one time, it was lush and green and is now totally different.  That area got cool while somewhere else probably got warm.  This is the nature of things. 

I think the implication in this discussion is not such much as to whether or not climates change, but who do we want to blame for it, so we can control their behavior  I don't want to get into arguments over this.  This is just the way it is.  Islands have disappeared under water and new ones cropped up.  Another natural phenomena.

global warming is just another money racket

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

recooncrd all came since 2010.

Trump ordered  NASA to get back to space business and stop the liberal propaganda .

All I know is the more carbon-dioxide the warmer the climate. One political party says that the reason there is more CO2 is because of mankind, the other says that it has such a small impact that it makes no major difference.

I just call it Global cooling and both sides think I am either a jokester or very dumb.

Archived