Chapala.com Webboard

CFE Hikes Up To 300%

modeeper

Just got the bills this week and have noticed a massive increase in our "commercial" bills for the power we use to pump water for our local water system east of Chapala.  Not sure of the percentage increase yet but it looks like it has almost doubled.  If so, we need to increase the water rates so your bill is going to go higher Ron.

11 hours ago, Go Solar said:

1 - not relevant to Chapala / Ajijic / Guad

RU a mod, or a wannabe?  Who reads the Mexico forum?  Not many here are interested if Mexico sinks or swims as long as the lake doesn't recede.  You're in the non-electrical grid business.  You should be dancing and downing champagne. 

2 - 4.7%, not 300% "Up to 300%"   Can you see the difference now?  

I've been in this house 6 months.  My first two CFE bills were +- 400.  The last one was 850.

Damn I'm glad I don't live in BC since thousands may soon be unemployed, crime is already unbearable.  

And you think this trend won't reach the mainland?  How long have you been here?

Congratulations, you may soon be profiting from the misery. 

2 hours ago, ednet94 said:

Posting what you pay makes no sense at all if you don't post also what you use in kwh in those periods.

No. it's you who makes no sense.  I, like anyone else, have a life style and it's pretty much repetitive.  In order to double my kwh I would have had to buy and connect two freezers, an air conditioner, three space heaters and a 100-inch TV.

59 minutes ago, modeeper said:

No. it's you who makes no sense.  I, like anyone else, have a life style and it's pretty much repetitive.  In order to double my kwh I would have had to buy and connect two freezers, an air conditioner, three space heaters and a 100-inch TV.

This is where you go wrong, you have no idea how much an AC or heaters spend in energy. Only one of them using only a few hours a day would bring you into the DAC scheme which would costs over 4 pesos each kwh which is 5-6 times the costs of the first 280kwh in normal domestic tariff.

Also you don't need to double your kwh to pay the double. The CFE tarifs are devided in 3 tiers. The first 280kwh you spend each 2 months are under a peso per kwh. After that it triples the cost per kwh. So the first 280khw cost the same as the next 90kwh.

Your difference in price is only a difference of 120kwh in difference with previous months which could be anything. No need to buy and turn on 2 freezers, AC, heaters and tv which would put you way up in the DAC tarif which you would pay thousands of pesos. 

I took an old CFE recibo of 2014 and compared that with the one i received yesterday and hey surprise, the cost of the first 150kwh went down from  0.795 to 0.793 pesos per kwh. The cost of the next 130kwh went down from 0.966 to 0.956 pesos per kwh  and even the exceeding kwh went down from 2.826 to 2.802 pesos per kwh. You and i and everybody else who are not in the DAC scheme are all paying the same per kwh in these tiers so it is impossible to pay more money without spending more energy. So post a picture of your recibos if you think i'm wrong but i'm sure you spent more energy then previous periods.

30 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Anecdotal evidence and hyperbole are common in these types of forums. Here is not a peer review journal.

^^ Sweet Jesus buy yourself a sense of irony.  Hospital toast! 

This has really gotten confused and off track.  Several comments before I lock it:

The increase in Baja was cut back according to the later story.  Hence the story of the original post is no longer the situation.  Knowing that I'm curious as to the subsequent speculation of massive unemployment and more crime in BC from a rescinded rate hike.  Seems the poster should have read the second story.

Unless CFE is charging different rates in GDL than lakeside, perhaps the advice to check usage is a good one.  Also, check the meter reading, CFE has been known to screw that up more than a few times.

Thread closed since the original story is no longer valid.

Archived