Chapala.com Webboard

question about obtaining RFC# online

I am trying to obtain an RFC# online using my CURP#.  I have my residente permanente and with my husband, purchased and own a home in Ajijic  My Spanish is ok, but I hit the question which asked  "Tiene fuente de ingresos en territorio nacional?"  which I translated as "do I have a source of income in the national territory?"  National territory means Mexico, right?  Here I have questions.   

My only income is monthly social security which is sent to a bank in the US and then I transfer down to a Mexican bank as needed.  To my thinking, this is not Mexican income.  However, when I answer "no" I cannot choose Mexico from the drop-down menu as to where I live.  If I answer "yes" Mexico as my residence country is filled in and then it asks for the date that my income began.  After that, I can select that I am retired and that is the source of my income.

I am unsure as to how I should be answering.  How have others answered these questions?

Thanks in advance.

We contacted our Mexican lawyer lakeside who instructed us to answer "No" then select the country from the menu where we receive income.  When you make an appointment and go to his office that is what he does to obtain an RFC number for foreigners. If we have CURP numbers it is obvious that we have some type of legal status in MX.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, donenrique said:
I am trying to obtain an RFC# online using my CURP#.  I have my residente permanente and with my husband, purchased and own a home in Ajijic  My Spanish is ok, but I hit the question which asked  "Tiene fuente de ingresos en territorio nacional?"  which I translated as "do I have a source of income in the national territory?"  National territory means Mexico, right?  Here I have questions.   

My only income is monthly social security which is sent to a bank in the US and then I transfer down to a Mexican bank as needed.  To my thinking, this is not Mexican income.  However, when I answer "no" I cannot choose Mexico from the drop-down menu as to where I live.  If I answer "yes" Mexico as my residence country is filled in and then it asks for the date that my income began.  After that, I can select that I am retired and that is the source of my income.

I am unsure as to how I should be answering.  How have others answered these questions?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.siat.sat.gob.mx/PTSC/

Then click on "Inscripcion con CURP"

Then put in your correct CURP number and the characters of security and click "contiuar"

The next page will have your CURP, immigration NUE number under the title  "Número de registro nacional de extranjeros*:" and  "Documento Migratorio" your name and date of birth and your "Clave de nacionalidad" as "Estado Unidos de America" and your sex already there filled out. Nothing there for you to type in.

Then click "Continuar" and the next page will ask for your address in Mexico, E-Mail etc which you fill out and then click on "contiuar", nothing like you described, so I presume you are in the wrong área of their website. When your finish all the info. they request on several pages at the end will be "TU TRAMITES HA FINALIZADO along with your RFC number."

Here is their PDF guide on how to fill out the "tramite" to get a RFC number as done above.

http://www.sat.gob.mx/informacion_fiscal/tramites/inscripcion_rfc/Documents/Guia_Inscripcion_CURP_18072017.pdf

If you earn income in Mexico, click "yes" and then the following boxes ask for the source; you select from the list of choices. If you earn no income in Mexico, select "no" and follow that box; your income would be reported in the country you pull down next, for most of us the USA or Canada. The guide AlanMexicali refers to shows this as steps 27-29. Social Security income EARNED in the US would not be considered EARNED in Mexico, even if you spend it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Alan Mexicali:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful walk through of the process.   Although, they did not have my Permanente number down or allow me to add it,the RFC still went through !!

I appreciate it --- and still cannot believe how they add to the bureaucracy all the time.  Had hoped that ended when I finished with my Permanente. 

• Sad 1

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, mexijims1 said:

Dear Alan Mexicali:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful walk through of the process.   Although, they did not have my Permanente number down or allow me to add it,the RFC still went through !!

I appreciate it --- and still cannot believe how they add to the bureaucracy all the time.  Had hoped that ended when I finished with my Permanente. 

You are welcome.

"NUE number under the title  "Número de registro nacional de extranjeros*:"

NUE  or Número Único de Emigrante is your Residente Permanente number on that second page, see above quote,  and was your Residente Temporal number and your NUT number - Número Único de Tramite - without all the zeros  where they will not let you fill in any of the unfilled in boxes. They used your CURP in their data system  to find your Immigration number and put it there.

You have had he same INM number since they first gave you a tempory immigration document which was a piece of paper with a NUT number and you were to use it as proof of being legally in Mexico until your Resident Temporal or RP card was ready.

Strangely enuf we were just told today to get this RFC..re selling property with no Cap Gains....and have our Curp# and Permanentes...so will start this process...like all of the above, we too thought we had things all settled and in place..but they have to keep people employed I guess!!  :) Hopefully the lawyer will step us thru........worth the extra cost..to us...as we have poor Spanish and don't want to do it incorrectly...by messing up.  But this post has been most informative........  

• 1 year later...

I used the link that Alan Mexicali kindly provided and I was able to successfully generate a number at the end of the process. The format of that number is different than expected. My number started with the letters RF and was followed by 13 numbers. When I tried to validate the number at the SAT site, it said I have the wrong format. Any thoughts regarding next steps. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

For us slow-to-catch-on bozos would you please let us know what RFC means. 

Think of it like a tax number; you need an RFC if you want to get a factura  - if you incur medical expenses and want to make an insurance claim you need facturas (official receipts not a till receipt).

53 minutes ago, Arte said:

I used the link that Alan Mexicali kindly provided and I was able to successfully generate a number at the end of the process. The format of that number is different than expected. My number started with the letters RF and was followed by 13 numbers. When I tried to validate the number at the SAT site, it said I have the wrong format. Any thoughts regarding next steps. Thanks.

If you obtained your Status card recently check the card, you may already have been issued an RFC #;
You will need a CURP # to use the website. The URL is  https://www.sat.gob.mx/tramites/operacion/28753/obten-tu-rfc-con-la-clave-unica-de-registro-de-poblacion-(curp)

Thanks Widesky. That was the same link that I used earlier this afternoon - I already have a CURP. After filling all of the fields, I received the comment:  SU TRÁMITE HA FINALIZADO (your process has finished). Right beside it was a number that started with RF and ended with 13 consecutive numbers. I have an uneasy feeling that this number may be something different than a RFC. Maybe I receive it later from SAT or have to go to the SAT office, which I was trying to avoid. Any thoughts?

shouldn't have to, I did ours on line; however that was a few years ago; format should be     first 2 initials from last name, first 2 initials from first name, birthdate (yy/mm/dd), letter, 2 numbers;

just went on line a few weeks ago and got the new format RFC (color with your picture on it).
Maybe their system has a glitch (which happens), all I can say is try again in a day or two.

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

WE had an RFC issued back n 2001 but found out it was not valid when they went to the new system. I went to SAT office in San Cristobal de las casas and got a number from them in 5 minutes.. I needed my curp and proof of residence and my INE card I would think the passport and the immigration card would be needed bu there is no need for a lawyer if you are wlling to go to SAT

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello

I have been trying to obtain my RFC number using the site from the above posts. When I enter my CURP number and caption I always get an error message. I know that my CURP number is correct. Is there another site that is more current or is there a different online method I can use? Thank you for your help.

One needs to do it right to be able to print proof, even notaries dont do it right as dong it right you can print proof which you will need later