Chapala.com Webboard

Construction on the libriamento

HoneyBee

Speaking of permits, do you suppose any were provided for last night's clandestine large-scale removal of a retaining wall on the carretera? Just west of the huge, painted mural wall on the mountainside, going into Chapala by the old Post Office (where the western access stairs are to the malecon). Large graders, no safety lights, no personnel to direct traffic, all done after dark. I'm surprised no one crashed into them coming from Chapala, but of more interest is: why after dark?

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Speaking of permits, do you suppose any were provided for last night's clandestine large-scale removal of a retaining wall on the carretera? Just west of the huge, painted mural wall on the mountainside, going into Chapala by the old Post Office (where the western access stairs are to the malecon). Large graders, no safety lights, no personnel to direct traffic, all done after dark. I'm surprised no one crashed into them coming from Chapala, but of more interest is: why after dark?

And how long have you lived here not to know that kind of work is done after dark so it won't hold up traffic especially  at that point where there probably was a bit of a landslide. Be thankful they did it to save you from a bolder bigger than your car crashing down on you during daylight hours when you can't back up or move forward because of heavy traffic.

20 years. Long enough. Why, you got money in this one too, Nedro?

By the way, next time, instead of cherry-picking your nits, read the post. This kind of work doesn't get done after dark with machinery blocking traffic, with no flagmen or lights to prevent accidents.

Oh, and did you see a "bit of a landslide"? No, you did not. And I think "boulder" is the word you are looking for. Wow, complete online access to every computer dictionary in the world, too.

Any work in Mexico that has to be accomplished without benefit of a permit is mostly done A. After 2:00 PM on Saturday and all day Sunday because all inspectors are usually gone until Monday morning and B. After dark for the same reason. Nobody to call to immediately put a stop to things. Once built, torn down, modified, etc. lots of stink arises but very rarely have I seen anything put back the way it was. Many trees are cut down this way, welcome to Mexico and a different way of handling regulations.

18 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Any work in Mexico that has to be accomplished without benefit of a permit is mostly done A. After 2:00 PM on Saturday and all day Sunday because all inspectors are usually gone until Monday morning and B. After dark for the same reason. Nobody to call to immediately put a stop to things. Once built, torn down, modified, etc. lots of stink arises but very rarely have I seen anything put back the way it was. Many trees are cut down this way, welcome to Mexico and a different way of handling regulations.

That cliff that is what cumputergay is kwetching about does have landslides from time to time. My question about his length of time was rhetorical because he has said he has been here 20 years many times. No permit is necessary for the task performed. In his haste to denigrate those government workers looking after his and our safety and after their normal working hours he failed to mention the propensity for landslides in that area. The mural is not just a pretty face. It is a heavy duty concrete barrier put in place at the worst part of the slides to protect the house and the businesses across the road. I was here when there were a gaggle of engineers crawling all over that cliff before the barrier was built. If anything that structure should have covered further west too. and then cumputergay would have had nothing to kwetch about.

First of all, I am not talking about that barrier, and if you had any interest in this topic at all besides trying to ace me out (of which you do a consistently poor job), you'd know that. That's twice you failed to read it. Second, I did not say it was illegal: I asked if anyone supposed permits were granted, considering the hour and the circumstances... it went on until 1:30.

Third, the fact that you assume that this is all above board is self-aggrandizing in the extreme, and merely an obfuscation to enable your feeble rant against me.

Finally, what is it that you and modeeper have against gays, anyway? Unacceptable in this day and age.

I can't speak for modeeper but in the 18th century a gay blade was one who thrust and parried with  usually a very ineffective thin bladed rapier. And as a person just put it to me after walking along Hidalgo you are several properties off the location so the whole discussion is moot. Must have been that horrible darkness that caused your dark anger and confusion. Let me help you. Mural,empty cliff,elevator house,big old white run down mansion then [DRUM ROLL] a high wall with an empty lot above that sometimes had a corn field on it. One should thank the new owner for having respect for all the people that use a MAIN thoroughfare during day time hours while they create access to their lot.

ned not Nedro, mister cornputergay.

Archived