Chapala.com Webboard

Construction on the libriamento

HoneyBee

I read that a curve somewhere along that road would be redone because it was the site of many accidents. Sounds like this is it.

1 hour ago, JayBearII said:

I read that a curve somewhere along that road would be redone because it was the site of many accidents. Sounds like this is it.

I believe curve repair on the libramiento about as much as I believe they will actually build the Chapala Adventure theme park as reported in the Guadalajara Reporter March 2016. 

We too wonder what construction will turn out to be. Everyone (usually) loves a mystery!

Where was or is the spot on the libramiento where the hospital is to be built? I seem to remember that the Hospital construction site is closer to Walmart than near the International School.  But I am not sure.

The new hospital is planned to be built on the north side just past the right hand curve as you are heading up the hill. I believe the land in question is just west of the access to  the road to nowhere (the big scare on the side of the mountain). 

This location is based on a picture taken of Dr Santiago Hernandez who I understand will be the medical director. Having been once a patient of his, I still receive his monthly news letter.

Location of the excavation/construction is on in the libramiento, below the international school, mountain side near the newer tire shop and food place;
Ooooo shall we have a poll?????  Home Depot, Costco, Canadian Tire, Rona, Burger King, Princess Auto, Chick-fil-a, Golden Corral, .........

Wasn't there a rumor a few months ago that Costco was going to build on the land where the old plant nursery is, at the corner of the Libramiento and the carretera?

37 minutes ago, WideSky said:

Location of the excavation/construction is on in the libramiento, below the international school, mountain side near the newer tire shop and food place;
Ooooo shall we have a poll?????  Home Depot, Costco, Canadian Tire, Rona, Burger King, Princess Auto, Chick-fil-a, Golden Corral, .........

You forgot hooters!

When my parents moved from Switzerland to Ontario, Canada in 1996, my mom got all excited because she noticed a "Swiss Chalet" on the way from the airport to their new home.

She was just itching to go to one for dinner. Weeeeeellll what a surprise, she was expecting to see cheese fondue or raclette on the menu...

Yes, about the only thing Swiss is the exposed beams and faux alpine architecture. Never had anything to do with the food. But boy, is it popular. (Many are now housed with Harvey's burger joints, my fave burgs in the world. The grease content of Harvey burgers and hand-cut fries after a heavy night of clubbing would both make our skin crawl and allow us a better sleep.)

• 1 month later...

A permanent fence is now installed, but what gets me is that in does not enclose a large portion which fronts the main road.

And.... they are currently storing burned out 18 wheeler's and other truck junk.

Looks like it may become a junk/holding yard for the main towing company.

At least it will fit in with well with this area!

Archived