Chapala.com Webboard

Update on Jalisco Driver's License Renewal?

In 2014, the following was posted re:  license renewal:

Posted February 20, 2014

Renewal: May renew early but only within 15 days of expiration date.

Step 1: Make payment by presenting current (Jalisco) driver’s license at the Recaudadora in Chapala

Located at Calle Degollada 302 (South side of street/ ½ block west of Gonzalez Gallo

(See 2014 Fee Schedule below) The payment receipt is conveniently valid for 12 months.

Step 2: Proceed to Transito Office at Flavio Romero 405A – Northeast corner with Guerrero; a 2 story

Brick building. Licensing office is on the left as you enter

Step 3: Present original Jalisco drivers license + emergency phone # + the following original & 1 black and white copy of:

a. CURP

b. PASSPORT

c. LEGAL STATUS: Permanent/Temporary Resident card

d. PROOF OF RESIDENCE: CFE/TELMEX/WATER bill within past 90 days

Are addresses still valid?  If so, any other updates?  Thanks for your help.

Gosh< I understand that renewals have to be made in Guadalajara now. And that upon occasions they used to bring the folks out to Chapala to allow you to renew there. I haven't heard if they are still coming to Chapala or not. Last year I had to go into the Guadalajara office.

I hope I'm wrong.

Well, my license expires this Thursday, so that probably won't be of any help to me.  We are always in La Manzanilla this time of year and so I've always renewed in Cihuatlan, which is a breeze.  Where does one go in Guadalajara to pay and then to get one's renewal?  Thanks for the info.

Archived