Chapala.com Webboard

Buses to Nuevo Laredo

Zeb

Anyone taken the bus the Nuevo Laredo from Chapala area recently?  I've made this ride once, but it was a couple of years ago and things may have changed.  I also don't remember when we boarded leaving from here.  What I do remember is how miserably uncomfortable it was.

You have to catch it at the bus station in Guadalajara. And ETN is the best line, but only goes to Nuevo Laredo. I made a huge mistake, took one of their subsidiaries so I get could get right across to Laredo... terribly uncomfortable. Took ETN back from Nuevo Laredo and it was SO much better.

So, next time I do it, it will be by ETN to Nuevo Laredo and then either walk across the bridge or take a taxi. Trouble is, taxi is like $500 pesos and the bus station is not beside the bridge; it's several clicks away.

27 minutes ago, Zeb said:

What I do remember is how miserably uncomfortable it was.

Take a lujo bus next time. They are nicer than an aircraft. Separate rest rooms for men and women. WiFi and individual TV for each seat. Total silence is expected of the passengers.

29 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Take a lujo bus next time. They are nicer than an aircraft. Separate rest rooms for men and women. WiFi and individual TV for each seat. Total silence is expected of the passengers.

The round trip with ETN that we took was nowhere near luxury, in fact nowhere near comfortable.  Several items didn't work.  Maintenance was not done on much.    There was supposed to be a coffee bar in the back.  That didn't work and had nothing in it.  The bathrooms were questionable for sure.  Now, maybe one has to ask for the luxury version?  I see that computer guy replied saying they are all luxury, supposedly. 

8 minutes ago, Zeb said:

The round trip with ETN that we took was nowhere near luxury, in fact nowhere near comfortable.  Several items didn't work.  Maintenance was not done on much.    There was supposed to be a coffee bar in the back.  That didn't work and had nothing in it.  The bathrooms were questionable for sure.  Now, maybe one has to ask for the luxury version?  I see that computer guy replied saying they are all luxury, supposedly. 

They are not all luxury. You can select a connected trip on their Turistar bus, the luxury class. Too bad they don't offer direct routes like they do to Reynosa and Matamoros.

Check out their site's information: https://etn.com.mx/english/servicios-a-bordo-bravo.html

asientos-bravo-etn-turistar-zoom1a.png

Archived