Chapala.com Webboard

Buying MX Plated (Factura) in Vera Cruz, How to Drive

southland

it back legally to Jalisco to register it here where I live. What paperwork do I need to have to let me drive the purchased car?

Do I do anything there in Vera Cruz or Chiapas at a govt office before leaving that state?

I am Residente Permanente.

Does this require visiting an attorney here first to get paperwork to take with me?

Anyone know what the approximate charge would be for legal paper to drive the car here to register it here?

I would get original factura from Mexican owner who has been the sole owner, and any other paperwork he has on his registration of the car from his state of Mexico.

Vera Cruz or Chiapas state.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, bmh said:

??? Can you say it in English? 

What can't you comprehend? If I knew the answers I would tell him. My suggestion is to contact Spencer as he knows the facts. He too speaks English.

Contact him at his website:  http://www.chapalalaw.com/contact/

3 hours ago, bmh said:

??? Can you say it in English? I live in Chiapas and Jalisco so I may have an answer but I have zero idea of what you are trying to say or ask.

The question is: "What does it take to legally purchase a vehicle in one state in Mexico (Vera Cruz or Chiapas), drive it to Jalisco and legally register that vehicle here."

For more information, check on Sonia's website.... scroll down to "Buying a car in Mexico". Lots of good information that may or may not answer all your questions.   http://www.soniadiaz.mx/vehicles.html

Things change but when I did it a few years ago I took my Ajijic attorney with me.  He had prepared a couple of things for the seller to sign.    Then we went to the registration office in the sellers state to ensure no fines and tenencia was up to date.   Can’t remember but think the plates were turned in at that time.  Wasn’t worried because I had my attorney driving his car behind on the return trip.    

Back in Jalisco had to take the car into Guadalajara leaving Ajijic at 5:30 am  Took most if the day to get Jalisco plates and had, and very much needed, an interpreter with me.  

Would I ever buy a car out of state again - not what you want to know but the answer is -not on your life.   

Thank you for the clarification..Yes the answer is get a lawyer  to help you.  I have a Jalisco plated car in Chiapas and none has ever questioned the fact that my driver´s license and ID  are from Chiapas and the car registered in Jalisco..Of course it would be a pain to have to go  and get the stickers every year in VC.. No I would not bother buying a car from another State..

Buying a vehicle licensed in another state can be fraught with potential problems. You need legal advice that you pay for.  Spencer has recommended not to do what you are doing. Tons of vehicles available in Jalisco and licensed here where it is much easier to detect and solve any problems.

Archived