Chapala.com Webboard

RFC Question

hensley

Trying to update my address on my RFC and every time I get to the part where you confirm your RFC number after you input your new password and email info I get this message saying my RFC is too long, it says it should only be 12 characters and ours are both 13. I don't get it. It is weird because in the beginning it accepts my RFC and even has my email already in the system but wants me to verify it again.

How long is your RFC number?

#2 Question what do you need for Carta de Residencia paperwork.

IMG_0312.jpg

1 hour ago, hensley said:

Thank you Sonia, but do you have a different link for the 13 Character numbered RFC's so I can change my address in it? Thanks

If you are paying taxes through SAT you need to change address when you move but individuals do not have to report an address change.

Some of you may have a generic RFC issued by a bank etc that is not official. Hence, the discrepancy. Things change over 15 years. :-)

1 hour ago, hensley said:

Sonia I do pay taxes.

Hensley: https://www.inm.gob.mx/            tramites/publico/estancia.html

It does not allow me to post as one link as says access denied but it is one url so join the two. 

1 hour ago, bmh said:

My husband is 12 characer and mine is 13 go figure, none of us has a business. or pay taxes but we have used those number for 15 years for reimbursement I had a meeting with SAT and no one said anything.

Where is SAT?

1 hour ago, Sonia said:

Hensley: https://www.inm.gob.mx/            tramites/publico/estancia.html

It does not allow me to post as one link as says access denied but it is one url so join the two. 

Well this just asks for your curp, not the RFC.

6 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

From Sonia's link:

"An RFC number for a company is 12 characters, while an RFC number for a person is 13 characters."

I have a business, and mine is 13, as I stated above. However, my business is not a company, but rather a private business, with no employees, and the account is is my name, rather than the business name. I didn't specifically request this, but it's just how SAT registered it when I originally got my RFC. Also, I have had this number for about 14-15 years, so the numbering system may have changed.

Hensley- which browser are you using? I normally use Firefox, but my Mexican bank site and the SAT website will not work properly in Firefox- I have to use IE to navigate those sites. In Firefox I can actually enter some information, but at some point it locks up and won't let me enter the rest, or I get an error message.

Archived