Chapala.com Webboard

Restaurant First Experience

El Toro Furioso

There is a new restaurant across the street, sort of, from Super Lake.  I stopped by this sort of new restaurant today to see if they sell fish and shrimp tacos and to get a phone number to order, since they do make them.  I brought home four tacos, two fish and two shrimp.  I asked for an extra bag of salsa a la Mexicana when I ordered on the phone.  When I picked up the order, I was brought a bag and charged $110 pesos plus tip.  The bag with the takeout food felt alarmingly light.  Then I got home and opened the bag!  Four of the smallest tacos I've ever seen anywhere in the world.  Even less food put into those tacos' tortillas.  No nothing to put on the tacos with no offer nor sign of a buffet at the restaurant for self service.    Enough salsa was enclosed in the bag to dress one of the four tacos.  I had to go to Lety's to order a shrimp quesadilla to keep us from starving.  Caveat Emptor! 

It's newly opened but my friends go there quite a bit and love it. I was there one night for a drink while they ordered dinner. Everything looked wonderful. One had a decent portion of fish and chips, one had a shrimp taco and one with tuna. My other two friends had the seared tuna which they said was excellent.

My experience was good having eaten there twice now.  The seared tuna was excellent as were the marlin tacos on the second occasion. The marlin tacos were far from skimpy.

El Toro Furisio is abiding by the rules - He gave enough information to figure out which restaurant he was referring to.

Pulled this from one of the other topic 'rules'

2. If you have a negative experience with a local business or professional, do not post the name of same directly but advise readers to PM you for that information.

That does not apply to restaurants. In fact, it barely applies to any business. Common sense rules. I will continue to post restaurant names as warranted. My one caveat: Some time ago I realized no one really benefits from simply trashing a place, so there are many comments I have never posted. But a good honest review is what reviews are for.

Archived