Chapala.com Webboard

Patio Umbrellas That Tilt

southland

Have read at least five threads on Chapala.com about Sunbrella fabric, and know about Miguel, Oscar, Carmen and Octavio.

(This is just to save posters mentioning the above sources unless they believe one of them is the best source for a tilt umbrella.)

Appears having a retractable awning installed is 3x or more expensive than a free-standing umbrella, although I really like

the idea of having the cover out of the way at times.

Anyone know who sells free-standing tilt-able umbrellas of 9 feet diameter?

I can get a base made by an iron shop to keep it stable.

Many thanks. I've already been to several shops along the lake side of Riberas carretera but did not see tilting umbrellas.

Thanks again.

Amazon.mx has a few and Amazon.us has a few that ship here.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Lizkona-P50601-Sombrilla-Patio-color/dp/B015NLVH3O/ref=pd_sbs_201_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=78C84EYCDYFWJ385W151

Amazon.mx and .us recently seem to be overlapping products since I have had more items I purchased off .us being sent to me via the Mexico fulfillment center.  Two weeks ago I orderd via .us two pairs of reader sunglasses from the same maker and the source in Las Vegas.  One pair arrived within 5 days from the Mexico fulfillment center.  The other is expected next week because it is backordered.  It will be interesting to see if the second pair arrive via the Mexico fulfillment center.  Neither pair are listed on the Mexico site and both required abut $3.13 US deposit for duty but no cost for shipping.  The pair I have received has had the duty deposit refunded.

We got a great one online from Costco. It's resort size and tilts to different positions. It's rectangular and quite large. Not sure if it's just a seasonal thing. I will see if I can post the link.

https://www.costco.com.mx/view/c/jardin-flores-y-mascotas/cobertores-de-sol/sombrillas-de-sol

11 hours ago, Al Berca said:

Looking for a yard umbrella in the middle of "winter" will give you the smallest selection. They are seasonal. March will bring more choices.

Costco online has the same selection as they had in the "summer" season.

58 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

Of course. All online stores have the same products year round, but the actual physical stores won't carry them until spring. I stand by my post.

I agree with you. I was just letting southland know that he didn't have to run all over town looking for one in the offseason and possibly paying an arm and a leg for one like we did when we moved here. We have ordered several times from Costco Mexico and were very pleased. Online shopping easy peasy. 

Awnings are not stable in wind conditions. Most of the expensive awnings available NOB have wind sensors that will automatically shut them so as not to have the braces ripped right away from the wall.

A toldo would work but not if you want the option of both sun and shade depending on the weather. If you want the option, then go with the tilt umbrella with a really heavy stand and just keep it down when you're not using it. Toldos can be custom made by (you know the options available) or from Casa de Plomero in limited size options (ask!) or from Amazon.com (as shade sails).

Archived