Chapala.com Webboard

Hearing aids

Gumby

I am curious if anybody there has compared the cost of hearing aids in the lakeside area to either US or Canada?

My mother in law is looking at buying some within the next year, she will be staying in Ajijic for a few month next November on and could buy them here in Canada or wait until she is there.

Thanks

Before she buys, she should check out Costco pricing on aides.  Brand name, quality products at amazing prices. AND extras like 'fabulous return policy... return them up to 6 months with total refund'!, unlimited service/adjustments at any Costco, free replacements if lost!, etc etc.    Then compare those prices to Lakeside....

I too highly recommend Costco for hearing aids. I bought a brand new brand for the States and Canada some 15 months ago. That same model came to Costco Mexico about 6 months later and either cost the same or a couple of % points higher in Costco Mexico, The costs were almost exactly the same.

Only one problem with buying hearing aids at Costco:  If you are living in the lakeside area and your hearing aids need adjustments, especially in  the initial period, you will need a trip to Guadalajara to do it.  The local man who works out of the LCS back offices does free adjustments and is able to make repairs.  There is a full warranty which covers loss as well.  Just something to consider.

44 minutes ago, Gumby said:

Actually she is comparing to our local Costco, I am a big Costco fan but still curious if there are savings to be had?

When I look at dental and some medical it seems possible.

You have to bear in mind that prices in Mexico for hearing aids generally include Sales Tax and prices NOB generally don't, depending on State/Provincial  Sales Tax. Laws.

2 hours ago, dave0415 said:

You have to bear in mind that prices in Mexico for hearing aids generally include Sales Tax and prices NOB generally don't, depending on State/Provincial  Sales Tax. Laws.

Do you even pay State/Provincial Sales Tax on a medical device...?

Archived