Chapala.com Webboard

Recommendations for VW mechanic

ickytoes

Sorry to bother, I don't live in your area but I can offer two facts:

There is a big difference between a mechanic and some kid who hung a shingle hoping to earn some tacos.  And especially a recommendation from the guys cousin or an expat who thinks 200P an hour is a fair price.

The good news is it's a VW, be it Bug or modern.  Thay are the simplest, parts most available, creatures called autos.  

The "god" of VW;s is Ron Young in Chapala...Hands down..Across the highway from Soriana on the lateral. Just a little past Sorian's on the same side is a muffler repair shop who also knows their way around VW's..

22 hours ago, modeeper said:

Sorry to bother, I don't live in your area but I can offer two facts:

There is a big difference between a mechanic and some kid who hung a shingle hoping to earn some tacos.  And especially a recommendation from the guys cousin or an expat who thinks 200P an hour is a fair price.

The good news is it's a VW, be it Bug or modern.  Thay are the simplest, parts most available, creatures called autos.  

Right on!

1 minute ago, kiminmexico said:

Definitely Ron Young. A little more expensive. But worth the price. He's the only "mechanic" that could adjust the carburetor on our Vocho.

Just about anybody can adjust the Solex Carb on a Vocho,even an amateur. They are almost as simple as a Weber.

Archived