Chapala.com Webboard

Egg prices at Puritan Poultry

Earl

We use to get our eggs there but it seemed like they went up every time we went.

Got black eggs from Walmart once and never buy them there again.

Super Lake has the freshest eggs on the counter in my opinion!

58 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

There was an interesting article in the "el informador" last week that listed the price increase of certain foods last year. As an example:

Tomatoes 100%

Onions 100%

Eggs 40%

Etc..

Wish I could get hold of this paper (I was reading it at the barber's shop last week).

Here it is:

https://www.informador.mx/economia/Cebolla-jitomate-y-huevo-los--que-mas-suben-de-precio-20180104-0054.html

Read up on the refrigerated eggs, they are not very healthy because of all the chemicals they use to wash them. I would rather have the unrefrigerated ones that are fresher.

Yes I buy my eggs and veggies at my local Abarrotes. I buy the eggs by the kilo and the fresh veggies arrive every morning from the Guadalajara main market (keep in mind that I live in an all Mexican working class neighborhood). 

But.. I also buy salami and cheeses at SL.

Forgot to mention the freshly baked bread that in many cases is still warm from the oven.

5 hours ago, mexjerry said:

$35 pesos = $1.83 per dozen

Open Nature Cage Free Eggs

Open Nature Cage Free Eggs

Every Day $3.99

Mountain View - 570 N. Shoreline Blvd.

570 N. Shoreline Blvd.
Mountain View, California

Most of us are living on way less than we had in the States so it doesn't make me feel better when someone quotes US prices. Just my 2 cents. 

If you're willing to pay around 60 pesos for an 18 egg carton, I've found that the "egg lady" who sells at both the Monday and the Tuesday markets has the best eggs I've had so far in Mexico.  When you consider how many meals 18 eggs cover, it's not a bad deal at all.  She also has good looking bacon and other meats.

Archived