Chapala.com Webboard

Water in garfons

gwynne

We use the 3 1/2 gallon (approx.) size garfon because it's big enough to last but can still be lifted.  Lately we've had major problems finding that size at our usual water sellers.  We even stopped a water delivery truck and he didn't have any......just the 5 gallon size that we can't lift.  Have they stopped making that size?  Anyone else having a problem?

I got rid of the garafon weight problem and actually saved money by having a whole house water purification system installed.  Cheaper, including the filter changers, and a lot easier.  I tracked the cost of the garafons used during a year to find that out.

Maybe you already know about this other solution, but before moving here, I bought an under-the-sink unit that had a separate faucet on the counter.  It delivered purified water by the reverse osmosis method.  Home Depot carries them.

On 1/7/2018 at 4:01 PM, Travis said:

I have one I use upstairs so I don't have to haul the big one up there. I just get it refilled at one of the "water stores". The closest one to me is in Ajijic at Constitucion and Donato Guerra.

This STORE always has pre filled ones ready for pick up...

Archived