Chapala.com Webboard

English Teacher Required

That's a well-paid job, you shouldn't have a problem with the interested.  

Just so you know, it's not ESL, it's EFL .. English as a Foreign Language.  English as a Second Language is what is taught to foreigners in English-speaking countries.  A lot of it is based in emigration requirements and/or instruction for passing university entrance exams.  

You need a Business English instructor.  I doubt there are more than 1 or 2 in your area, maybe none.  Business English people usually live in cities.  

Some advice:  After a few days with the teacher you have chosen give your students a teacher evaluation form.  I have some on my hard drive.  If you want one let me know.  Better yet, have two interested teachers.  Have them give a sample class and ask the students who they prefer.

On 1/5/2018 at 11:42 AM, modeeper said:

That's a well-paid job, you shouldn't have a problem with the interested.  

Just so you know, it's not ESL, it's EFL .. English as a Foreign Language.  English as a Second Language is what is taught to foreigners in English-speaking countries.  A lot of it is based in emigration requirements and/or instruction for passing university entrance exams.  

You need a Business English instructor.  I doubt there are more than 1 or 2 in your area, maybe none.  Business English people usually live in cities.  

Some advice:  After a few days with the teacher you have chosen give your students a teacher evaluation form.  I have some on my hard drive.  If you want one let me know.  Better yet, have two interested teachers.  Have them give a sample class and ask the students who they prefer.

Actually in the school district I worked in it is no longer ESL but rather ELL--English Language Learners.   I don't know why the change or if this is the trend elsewhere.

And there was TESOL (Teaching of English for Students of Other Languages) in the 60s .  The industry is always trying to update themselves with old methods with new names.  It's big business.  ESL or whatever you call it, is four Centuries old.

Archived