Chapala.com Webboard

Ross Brownsridge - the candyman

lamontf

Yes, he's back and forth between Anastasia and Maskaras. Apparently some of his family is coming down.

Ross has moved so many times, I was hoping to gather info for them so they may find his treasured notes/books/photo albums, etc. I know this was a big aggravation to him when he couldn't find something he deemed important at that moment.                                                                                                   

I was hoping to find old archived emails from him which were copied to 70+ friends - again so the family would know and we could notify them as to how he is doing. Would appreciate all PMs with some of his history.

He was quite involved with his very large collection of movie videos on VHS; ordering many over the years. An extensive library of classics that I hope gets into the hands of the right person. And his huge collection of personal photographs taken on many trips abroad, on his computer. I spent hours working on those with him.

42 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

He was quite involved with his very large collection of movie videos on VHS; ordering many over the years. An extensive library of classics that I hope gets into the hands of the right person. And his huge collection of personal photographs taken on many trips abroad, on his computer. I spent hours working on those with him.

If any family member is coming down, I hope that they arrive with either 128 Gb or 254 Gb flashdrives to make copies of those photos. Those sizes are very hard to find here and they are much cheaper NOB. Nice memories to have and to hold.

It used to be so much easier to sort photos with XP. Wish they'd bring back the "move to" option where you could move multiple or single photos to a certain folder with ease. This drag and drop crap is TEDIOUS.

The best thing that I remember about The Candyman was his warm smile and genuine wish for you to have a great day. I hope he'll be with us for a good long while yet.  

In fact, lamontf, if you are able to get involved, a 2 Terabyte external hard drive would be needed to copy those files. Or take the existing hard drive/computer. Actually, to clarify, I spent weeks working with him on the photos.

I dropped in Maskaras to wish him the best for 2018. The receptionist told me  that he could not have no visitors until his daughter arrives tomorrow. She did say he was doing better.

I'll pass on the info if they contact us - I know those photos means a lot to him. I think I have a 2T thumbdrive.

This topic raises a wider issue for many older folks living in the area who are ill and need medical assistance. Sadly many do not have family NOB, and some who have, do not receive the attention needed from their family.

This lack of  attention can be because the patient doesn't want to "burden" the family, or does not recognize he or she is "ill", or the family lacks interest.

As well intended as "friends" are,  the ultimate responsibility lies with the family "Next of Kin" to be involved  

Many times the Next of Kin need a kick in the pants and reminded of their responsibility and possible intervention.

This situation  is in total contrast to the Mexican culture, which is very family orientated. Hence it is "natural"  for (most) nursing home employees to be excellent at providing "tender loving care" .

Lastly, kudos to those friends and organisation etc., who visit the "shut ins"  

Archived