Chapala.com Webboard

RFC. Here is What it is

sm1mex

On 1/4/2018 at 8:12 AM, jrod said:

Here's the link. Have your CURP ready and you can get it online.

http://www.sat.gob.mx/contacto/citas/Paginas/tramites_por_internet.aspx

SAT > CONTACTO > CITAS > TRÁMITES POR INTERNET
TRÁMITES POR INTERNET

Inscripción en el RFC y movimientos al RFC
Si eres mayor de edad, sólo necesitas tu CURP y una cuenta de correo electrónico. Inscríbete.

Wondering if anyone has an updated link to procure an RFC?

NO LONGER can you  obtain one on line.  Recent rule change.  Now part of it can be done, but to complete.....    appt. needed with bum in seat in front of officials in Guad at SAT office.  (Learned this the hard way, and head to Guad on Wednesday at the crack of dawn......😬.)

On 3/14/2022 at 4:19 PM, Natasha said:

NO LONGER can you  obtain one on line.  Recent rule change.  Now part of it can be done, but to complete.....    appt. needed with bum in seat in front of officials in Guad at SAT office.  (Learned this the hard way, and head to Guad on Wednesday at the crack of dawn......😬.)

Possibly can be done easier in Ocotlan. Easy drive with minimum traffic and parking in the shopping center.

• Like 1

When I presented the RFC on my deed at the vehicle license office, they said it was incorrect and sent me to another lineup to be issued the correct one. I know nothing of one on a bank statement. This was required to register a newly manufactured trailer. One of the top notarios around issued a RFC number to my Mexican buddy by looking it up using his CURP #. He said not all people with Curp numbers also have RFC but some do for certain requirements.

It is 13 characters/digits inclusive of one's birthdate.

Gets weirder and weirder.......  (1) Appt. in Guad today took a long time in process, but was compelted as expected.  Then (2) asked the lady "how do I begin mione?" becasue will also need one. 

She took my IFE,  checked computer.... and  TA DAHH!!!   already HAVE one. But here's the thing..... dates show when applied for and when finalized..... and they correspond to NOTHING   eg renewals of Mx PP, DL,   or any other thing.  So WHO did this for me... and HOW.... and WHY?  All info is totally correct but I'm still pretty flabbergasted. (And no, the bank doesn't have this one either)

I just went to Guad to get mine. I was told to take a thumb drive for them to load it on. The process includes scanning in  facial recognization data, both hands 5 finger prints, and a iris scan. The RFC I received says valid for 4 years . I guess they think mt finger prints or iris scan will change.

• Haha 1

I can't tell you how many times we have had to scan our fingerprints in the 23 years we have lived in Mexico.  However, we have yet to see a website that they actually use to try and identify our prints.  We have learned to try and not ask WHY anymore as some things are just done one way because they have always been done that way.