Chapala.com Webboard

Dawn of Justice in Mexico

CHILLIN

This is a long, very recent article from the Washington Post. It is very stark, but informative. For one thing, it partially explains why so many Tapatios are leaving the city. For another thing, it confirms what I have hearing for years - Ocotlan is a cartel town. I sure hope everything evolves in 2018 and beyond.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-us-backed-plan-was-supposed-to-fix-mexico’s-justice-system-it-has-resulted-in-chaos/ar-BBHulIE?li=BBnbcA1&srcref=rss

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

For one thing, it partially explains why so many Tapatios are leaving the city.

Would you rather live in Chicago, the US's second city? This mornings news said:

That shooting was one of at least 10 that occurred in the Windy City on New Year’s Day, The Chicago Tribune reported. The other incidents, which were nonfatal, include two double shootings.

Isn’t it more accurate to assess the number of deaths with regard to population numbers?  Chicago and Ocotlan hardly compare although of course both are terrible.  When my husband was stabbed and robbed in Ajijic a few weeks ago, one intellectually challenged person suggested he had been fortunate because the stabbing toll for that weekend in a large US town was so much higher.

Yes Chillin, a worrying report.  Trying to graft (no pun intended) a new and cumbersome system on top of an old and cumbersome one has led exactly to what is described.  

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Would you rather live in Chicago, the US's second city? This mornings news said:

That shooting was one of at least 10 that occurred in the Windy City on New Year’s Day, The Chicago Tribune reported. The other incidents, which were nonfatal, include two double shootings.

Surely you are intelligent enough to understand the difference between Chicago and Mexican cities is based on the culture and race of those involved in those shootings. Therefore this type of comparison has NO validity. Apples to Oranges.  Try to compare apples to the same type of apples, ok? Fake News Implication here again.

35 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Racism runs rampant with the trumpansies.

Yep, common sense still lacking in snowflakes. Playing race card is so Last Year, Angus

. Try to become more original. :D

Crime is big business.  They copied the US system but hide the identities of the bad guys, prosecutor is way underfunded, the government is a willing accomplice in crimes due to knowingly underfunding and hiring untrained people.  They make it hard to report crimes and revictimize people, true the new law helps people get out for minor crimes, i.e. someone steals a soda pop and no longer spends 2 years in jail awaiting trial. 

We need more police and higher pay for them, as well as more people and experts working in the prosecutors office.  They need to clean house and probably jail 1/3 of public servants, another 1/3 fire and the other 1/3 give a pay raise to.  Too much bureaucracy as well as too many people profiting off crime.  Attorneys love criminal law as it takes no brains just bribes and people need to steal to pay them and the cycle continues. 

Nothing is a slam dunk.  I have seen people drunk driving no license and insurance and mysteriously the prosecutor makes errors or loses the file and the easiest cases are not tried or thrown out while the guy who drops his pants and says kiss my a$$ to his neighbor has an arrest warrant out promptly. 

It is a sort of poetic justice when the corrupt ones have family members who are crime victims but they still dont get it that that promote this bad system and every brinbe they make or take that gets a bad guy out is one more to commit crimes against all people. 

Archived