Chapala.com Webboard

Gas Prices

Sonia

Be glad you don't live in Seattle where some stations sell regular for as high as $3.77 per gallon. The average is closer to $3.54.

To learn the exact rates in your hometown area go to www.gasbuddy.com and start looking

Edit: I just went to Texas and the lowest price per gallon for regular was $2.29 and average price $2.59.

Oh, in Pismo Beach, California there were two stations where regular was going for $4.25 US per gallon, which at 19 peso per US dollar equates to $21.34 pesos per liter.

8 hours ago, johanson said:

Be glad you don't live in Seattle where some stations sell regular for as high as $3.77 per gallon. The average is closer to $3.54.

To learn the exact rates in your hometown area go to www.gasbuddy.com and start looking

Edit: I just went to Texas and the lowest price per gallon for regular was $2.29 and average price $2.59.

Oh, in Pismo Beach, California there were two stations where regular was going for $4.25 US per gallon, which at 19 peso per US dollar equates to $21.34 pesos per liter.

You gotta remember who those states are dancin' with and how much higher the State taxes on gas is than most other States. Some States just have no respect for their own citizens. :(

• 2 weeks later...

20 pesos per liter of magna, 3.78 liters per gallon, 75.6 pesos per gallon.  Until recently 19.5 pesos per dollar (before airport vote).  $3.88 per gallon.  I paid $2.43 per gallon at Costco in McAllen TX less than two weeks ago.  We pay a steep price for Pemex theft, corruption, padded payrolls, rich pensions and general ineptitude.

Unfortunately, so do all Mexicans.  Expensive energy is one reason economic growth in this country is so anemic.  CFE and PEMEX are a drag on all of Mexico.  🙁

Other than the fact my wife uses a space heater for short periods in the bathroom during the coldest weather and we use a floor fan in the hottest weather in the bedroom, we need neither heating or cooling.  Being able to live with the windows open and sleeping under fresh air are big benefits of this climate.  There were a few days last year we wore sweat suits but that was about the extent of it.  We don't even have heavier coats here, relying on a little layering for the worst of it.

Good thing because energy prices here are ridiculously high compared to most of the U.S.  

• 1 month later...

Archived