Chapala.com Webboard

For the last few years I have flown Volaris non stop both ways to and from Orlando. About four hours air time each way. Now, not only have their prices dramatically increased, but on at least one leg of the trip and on some flights both directions require a stop over in Mexico City. I don't want to stop in Mexico City, I want to get to Orlando and return to GDL non stop. Are those days gone?  Lots of flights, but nothing direct in both directions.

1 hour ago, NLU said:

Not quite the same with Chicago, but ORD flights seem to have been cancelled. Only MDW.

Plus, their website is horrible.

Their customer support (ha-ha) is even worse.

As you mention the web page leaves me   in frustration .Many times I have called and done booking via a human. When I am finished  I request  he  tells his ,manager the web page is the worst in the industry 

I just looked an there is (still) a direct flight to Orlando... January 27.... and the full price fare was reduced to $142, code VUEH50. The return date I chose had "no flights" but the day before and after did and they were $90 but were 1-stop. I could not find any non-stop MCO to GDL. Their website is really squirrely and kicks one off if one tries to change a date (to something that has a flight).

Interesting. I use the Volaris app as it is much more user friendly than their website. All of the flights to Orlando on January 24 show a stopover in Mexico City with arrivals in Orlando of between 15 and 24 hours after leaving GDL. I have found direct to Orlando flights, but all return flights  have a stop over in Mexico City.

just so you know in advance, senior wanderer

your $50 credit cannot be used on the website

it must be used over the phone where the flights are $50 more expensive

i know this from personal experience

you can imagine what i told them to do with their certificate

Update. Finally gave up and went in to Viajes Travel Agency this morning where they quickly booked me for the non stop flights I was seeking, in both directions, that did not appear on my app or Volaris website for a grand total of just under 235 USD or about 117.50 each way. Daylight flights both ways.

Maybe the good ole days of using a travel agent are coming back. I think I remember it was pretty convenient back when but that may be my senior selective memory, as my wife sometimes mentions. Now if you could just email the agency without physically having to go there......... Although I never really minded going into Viajes, there was usually at least one drama unfolding, if not more than one. The 2 guys never looked stressed, but of course why would they, they never did anything! "What do you mean I can't fly non-stop tomorrow, leaving between 10-11 AM? What kind of travel agent are you?" Ah, always an interesting visit.

22 hours ago, Al Berca said:

Update. Finally gave up and went in to Viajes Travel Agency this morning where they quickly booked me for the non stop flights I was seeking, in both directions, that did not appear on my app or Volaris website for a grand total of just under 235 USD or about 117.50 each way. Daylight flights both ways.

I assume that you are still talking Volaris and Orlando, no?  Those are great rates!

P.S. Just checked Volaris Denver to Guadalajara.... same great fares  $108 OW or $216 RT (that's without checked luggage or choice of seating). I've seen/used OW ticketing from $250-$350 on that route in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, but be careful... Your carry-ons are limited to two, with 10K BETWEEN THEM, not EACH. They are screwing you again. Used to be my fave, no more. More and more are going through MX City, too. Interjet has more leg room, and they sill give you one checked bag for free, and if you are a senior, you get a discount, think it is about 20%? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived