Chapala.com Webboard

From lukeville AZ to Guadalajara

pdqpc

I'm wanting to drive this by mid summer 2018. Any comments about road conditions safety etc would be appreciated. (I already have my residente  temporal card). Thanks, Wayne

• 3 weeks later...

HI RickS, thanks, but I was seeking info on road conditions, safety or anything else  about the route. Or info on places to stay for the nights on the road.

Road conditions.change from state to state..  i would replace your tires with 80,000 mile tires

Service your coolant and a/c

Google traza tu ruta to have your list of towns along the way...  so when you reach a sign that says pereferico.  You will know thats to avoid the next town and continue south

Hermosillo you go through the town following the signs to next city

Obregon you go through the town

Every time i have made the trip my schedule was different

But 100% after you pass obregon.. there is no place to sleep for at least 4 hrs

I entered obregon around 6pm and thought i would find a no tell motel in a few miles.... felt very stupid driving at night and finally finding a motel about 11 30 pm

7 hours ago, paradise said:

Road conditions.change from state to state..  i would replace your tires with 80,000 mile tires

Service your coolant and a/c

Google traza tu ruta to have your list of towns along the way...  so when you reach a sign that says pereferico.  You will know thats to avoid the next town and continue south

Hermosillo you go through the town following the signs to next city

Obregon you go through the town

Every time i have made the trip my schedule was different

But 100% after you pass obregon.. there is no place to sleep for at least 4 hrs

I entered obregon around 6pm and thought i would find a no tell motel in a few miles.... felt very stupid driving at night and finally finding a motel about 11 30 pm

Navojoa is less than an hour south of Obregon and has motels, have stayed at the Best Western there, but not recently. 

Los Mochis is 3 hours south of Obregon and has tons of motels since it is jumping off point for many Copper Canyon tours.

From 2008 to 2012 we made annual treks between Ajijic and Bisbee, AZ.  We crossed at Naco, which is the same Route 2 that Lukeville is on, but is the eastern fork of it; Rte. 2's western fork from Lukeville and eastern fork from Naco connect to Rte. 15D at Santa Ana.  

Rte. 2 from Naco is very mountainous with switchbacks.  Lots of tractor trailers and much of Rte. 2 is single lane.  Can be treacherous in rainy season. 

Sorry OP but don't know what Rte. 2 from Lukeville is like.  

We normally spent our 1st night in Mexico in Navojoa.  In the long days of summer (June), we would spend our first night in Los Mochis.  Our 2nd night was usually Mazatlan.  We only drive in daylight.  

Hi and thanks to all that replied to my questions. (I just got my computer back from the repair shop yesterday is my reason for not acknowledging everyone's reply sooner).  Very good advice. I have driven from Laredo many times but never from Lukeville.

Archived