Chapala.com Webboard

Duck parts wanted

My dogs eat a raw food diet and it is recommended that they have protein from various sources. I see there is duck available in the frozen foods section of Walmart but would like to buy less expensive parts such as feet, backs or necks. If there is anyone raising them, would appreciate a reference.

Find a slaughterhouse.  I often give mine chicken skins, I know it ain't so good.  In a tiangues or marketplace go the the chicken dude.  He'll give you as much as you want.

10 minutes ago, ned small said:

You won't find duck parts here. They are all imported frozen from the USA. Go to where you see chicken being butchered as modeeper said. Nobody here does duck or geese.

But in Asia everyone does ducks and geese :P

When I read "duck parts" I thought it was that Navy amphibious thingy.  And there is a junky in GDL that has a couple of those.

10 hours ago, ned small said:

You won't find duck parts here. They are all imported frozen from the USA. Go to where you see chicken being butchered as modeeper said. Nobody here does duck or geese.

Muscovy ducks (aka pato criollo) are native to Mexico.  In Guadalajara, there's a commercial producer in Colonia Vallarta San Jorge, not far from the Glorieta Minerva.  Corner of Calle Fidias and Av. Hidalgo.  Look for the sign on the door.

1 hour ago, More Liana said:

Muscovy ducks (aka pato criollo) are native to Mexico.  In Guadalajara, there's a commercial producer in Colonia Vallarta San Jorge, not far from the Glorieta Minerva.  Corner of Calle Fidias and Av. Hidalgo.  Look for the sign on the door.

I said here, meaning at the lake. I can't picture going to Guadalajara for bits just for pet food. As I said the ducks available here are frozen imports at Walmart, Soriana and Puritan.The Brom Lake at Soriana last week was 292p and at Walmart 390p. Mapleleaf brand at Puritan 340p My friend who really knows how to do ducks and geese has tried for a number of years for local sources and gave up. He uses parts and carcass for soup making in this cold weather. I thought everybody knew about the Muscovy.

dos patos.jpg

ML--is that the place if you go N on Patria from Lazaro Cardenas and stay on the lateral until you reach the railroad tracks, go right then first left over the tracks and back towards Patria and it is in a house on the corner a block before Patria?

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

ML--is that the place if you go N on Patria from Lazaro Cardenas and stay on the lateral until you reach the railroad tracks, go right then first left over the tracks and back towards Patria and it is in a house on the corner a block before Patria?

Nope.  It's at the corner of Calle Fidias and Av. Hidalgo, 2 blocks from Av. México where the Walmart is.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:01 PM, ned small said:

There is a restaurant that has duck that is purchased fresh from a farm here in Jalisco

Archived