Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
Sturdley

satellite TV service

My satellite TV troubleshooter's rates seem to have doubled in the past year.  I would love to find a competent but lower priced option.  I welcome your suggestions.

• Sad 1

I am confused. I have satellite TV that works fine. I have never heard of the turn, Satellite TV troubleshooter. Is that someone in Mexico who is acting as your agent? Or are you subscribing directly to the provider in the country providing said service?

If I knew a little more about which service you are using and your provider, I would love to give you advice.

I think he is talking about his Sat. repair/troubleshooter person...

Also does anyone locally subscribe and utilize Direct TV Sat. for their company..if so how is the reception and service locally??? TIA.

3 hours ago, Tomas said:

I think he is talking about his Sat. repair/troubleshooter person...

Also does anyone locally subscribe and utilize Direct TV Sat. for their company..if so how is the reception and service locally??? TIA.

It would not be my first choice, but with a 2.4 meter Ku satellite dish plus 3 closely spaced LNBs maybe 50% of the channels come in. Satellite Electronics do not recommend it as a first choice option.

I have DishUSA and find that HGTV, the FoodNetwork and the TravelChannel are often unavailable. I have a VPN and can watch the FoodNetwork and HGTV live on my iPad.

Is there any reason why you have a VPN with your DISH..The Sat. signal does not care what your network is unless you are watching pay per view..There are 200+ stations available with the basic DISH package.. Did you sign up here or bring your equipment and DISH from the USA?

41 minutes ago, Tomas said:

Is there any reason why you have a VPN with your DISH..The Sat. signal does not care what your network is unless you are watching pay per view..There are 200+ stations available with the basic DISH package.. Did you sign up here or bring your equipment and DISH from the USA?

The VPN allows me to watch Amazon Prime video's. Also, I need it (the VPN) to watch Dish programs using apps on my iPad. I would not be able to use the apps without the VPN. The satellite signal does not require a VPN. 

With a VPN on our router we are able to watch Amazon Prime, Hulu Live and Netflix on our Roku and Fire Stick on the TVs or any device connected to that router. HGTV on demand with no commercials is especially nice. Fubo tv caught me switching around to different servers with the VPN and suggested I take my business elsewhere. I was trying to access NESN to see if I would be able to watch the Red Sox next year. My VPN suggested I stick with their preferred server and I have had no further problems. Direct TV Now and Sling also worked but we settled on Hulu Live as the best choice for us. You will need a US address for the CC you use.

7 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

With a VPN on our router we are able to watch Amazon Prime, Hulu Live and Netflix on our Roku and Fire Stick on the TVs or any device connected to that router. HGTV on demand with no commercials is especially nice. Fubo tv caught me switching around to different servers with the VPN and suggested I take my business elsewhere. I was trying to access NESN to see if I would be able to watch the Red Sox next year. My VPN suggested I stick with their preferred server and I have had no further problems. Direct TV Now and Sling also worked but we settled on Hulu Live as the best choice for us. You will need a US address for the CC you use.

Which VPN do you subscribe to in order to watch Hulu Live? I would like to subscribe to it since the VPN I use (unblock-us) supports Hulu but not Hulu Live.

If you Google "best vpn for video streaming" you will see a number of them. I use the #1 choice, not the cheapest, but for us it consistently does the job. I've posted the name before but no sense alerting "the other side" so easily. YMMV