Chapala.com Webboard

Heads up

bournemouth

We just had an unsettling experience.  At 8.45 the doorbell rang several times.  Out in the street was a gas truck - our neighbor thought it was Zgas.  We didn't go down to the gate so the young man outside pushed open the inside door to our buzon and was shining a flashlight on our walkway to the front door.  In defense I had to go down to the gate to make sure they understood someone was here.  I truly don't believe their main interest was in selling gas.  A neighbor reported they got a similar visit a few nights ago.  Just be aware.

I do not believe it is Zeta gas.. The guys from Los Altos stopped by to tell me my husband had ordered gas. I knew better and told them I am the one ordering the gas, I did not call you because I do not buy from you. Bye.. and that was it..

Modeeper good try but the big truck does not say Zeta zeta gaz.

Thanks for the warning Bournemouth-

Outside normal delivery hours?  Very suspicious.

Since the front gate is a goodly distance from the casa, we had one of those small screen units mounted on the wall inside the house which is connected to the doorbell, so that we can see who is at the gate door and/or ask who it is as well.  We don't answer the door at all unless we are expecting someone.  Friends know to call ahead when they're coming over. Only two often, kids ring the doorbell just for the helluvit and then disappear.  Long walk out there for nothing gets old, fast.  Also cautious?  You betcha. :ph34r:

Can you see the people at night gringal?

We do not answer the door unless we expect someone as well and our friends usually call us when they are outside the door.. I sure would not answer the door or walk to the door at night. Our gate is always locked as well so I sure would not want to meet someone in the garden at night as it would mean they had broken into the place..

18 hours ago, bournemouth said:

We just had an unsettling experience.  At 8.45 the doorbell rang several times.  Out in the street was a gas truck - our neighbor thought it was Zgas.  We didn't go down to the gate so the young man outside pushed open the inside door to our buzon and was shining a flashlight on our walkway to the front door.  In defense I had to go down to the gate to make sure they understood someone was here.  I truly don't believe their main interest was in selling gas.  A neighbor reported they got a similar visit a few nights ago.  Just be aware.

Seems pretty shady to me, yes. Now, there is a gas truck in Riberas who's guys are just that pushy; I don't know which logo, though. But your situation definitely sounds like fishing for a break-in.

Call the police :P  They'll come out to your house and investigate .. if you give them some gas money.

I doubt the criminal sect here is much different than anywhere else.  And fishing is probably the word.

Mexicans are likely bolder than most  They can pay their way out of anything.  

I live on the highway 15, the route to PV.  I went to two ATM machines nearest my house, both those ATMs were missing.  Meaning they were up-rooted and taken away.  I drove all the way to Tala and found four more missing.  I'd call that bold!

When in Rome:  The high wire fences that look like the trenches of WWI, the array of barking dogs .. They grew up here, they know.

On 12/29/2017 at 2:36 PM, bmh said:

Can you see the people at night gringal?

We do not answer the door unless we expect someone as well and our friends usually call us when they are outside the door.. I sure would not answer the door or walk to the door at night. Our gate is always locked as well so I sure would not want to meet someone in the garden at night as it would mean they had broken into the place..

It depends on the street lighting, but mostly no.  Since it's a two way audio system, they can speak and identify themselves when I ask on the other end.

My inter cam with camera does not let the door bell ringer know I am watching.  I can easily see them at night as well as during the day.  I have two buttons.  One just soundlessly activates the camera  but nothing more.

The other can be used to activate the inter cam or disengage the gate so they can enter.  The camera comes on automatically when someone rings the doorbell.    The outside  unit is outside my front gate about 60 feet from an inside  wall of the house.

21 minutes ago, Metuchenmama said:

My inter cam with camera does not let the door bell ringer know I am watching.  I can easily see them at night as well as during the day.  I have two buttonns.  One just soundlessly activate the camera  but nothing more.

The other can be used to activate the inter cam or disengage the gate so they can enter.  The camera comes on automatically when someone rings the doorbell.    The outside  unit is outside my front gate about 60 feet from an inside  wall of the house.

Mine is similar, but doesn't have a way of unlocking the gate. That would be a good feature.

Archived