Chapala.com Webboard

Best Consulates to apply for Permanente

Zeb

I will need to re-apply for Permanente due loss of my card out of Mexico.  No need to go into details about that.  I don't want to go to the Houston Consulate as they are horrible.  The ride to Laredo by bus is really strenuous, and there are no direct flights there which would involve a full day of travel, so that would be another awful trip, so I am considering just flying into another US state to apply.

If anyone has recent experiences I am considering Phoenix as I think there are direct flights which don't take very long, however, I want to make sure the will be good to deal with.  Also, would like to know if they will check documents prior to arrival if i e-mail them. 

38 minutes ago, sugarplumfaerie said:

Flying to/from Nuevo Laredo is quite painless.  You do go through Mexico City, but I had a good connection.  It was about 1/3 of the cost of flying to Laredo!  And I think it was 50 pesos for a taxi to the bridge and walk across.  

I'm open to that, however, from what I could tell, it created six hours of travel to Nuevo Laredo with a connection.  I will check again though.

27 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Wow.  I didn't know loss of the card outside the US caused a total restart.  

It can if you do not follow the process. http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration---visas.html

Archived