Chapala.com Webboard

Love and Fishes restaurant

HarryB

Fish is basa, no other choice, so I won't be eating fish there.  I can't speak to anything else on menu as we left and went across street to Pasta Trenta.  I think it is a mistake for a restaurant offer basa  as the only fish option.  Although this restaurant didn't do so, I really resent any restaurant telling me that basa is sea bass.

We ate there.  No one speaks any English so bone up on your español.  I got a shrimp taco and the server said it was grande so I only ordered one.  It had 2 corn tortillas, 3 shrimp and some lettuce and a little salsa Mexicana.  I was not full but it was only 27 pesos, so I should have been suspicious when she said one would be enough since it was "grande".  My other person had the regular burrito with beef for 50 pesos.  Plenty of food, but the beef was tough and gristly.  

They do offer a lot of things on the menu with specials on Friday, Sat. and Sunday, but they don't start the specials until 1:00 p.m. and they open at noon ???

3 minutes ago, gringal said:

So far, the "Fishes" don't sound too tempting, so now let's hear about the nature of the "Love".B)

Maybe they meant to name the place "Loaves & Fishes" 'cause they knew it'd take a miracle for them to make it. :D

If female Mexican employees spent as much time learning their jobs properly as they do applying their makeup, general quality of service would go up everywhere. I always think this when standing in the long line ups at the Telcel office. Those women must all go to the same salon- eyebrows plucked to nothing, then penciled in halfway up their foreheads, you could scrape the face makeup off with a spoon. (I'm a female, so no misogyny here, just get fed up with people not doing what they're being paid for)

13 hours ago, mudgirl said:

If female Mexican employees spent as much time learning their jobs properly as they do applying their makeup, general quality of service would go up everywhere. I always think this when standing in the long line ups at the Telcel office. Those women must all go to the same salon- eyebrows plucked to nothing, then penciled in halfway up their foreheads, you could scrape the face makeup off with a spoon. (I'm a female, so no misogyny here, just get fed up with people not doing what they're being paid for)

I detect envy here and rightly so because the women of Jalisco are beautiful and know how to apply make up and walk gracefully on high heals unlike some envious gringas who look like clowns,colour their hair blonde or brunette even though they're 90 years old and NEED to wear sneakers.

11 minutes ago, ned small said:

I detect envy here and rightly so because the women of Jalisco are beautiful and know how to apply make up and walk gracefully on high heals unlike some envious gringas who look like clowns,colour their hair blonde or brunette even though they're 90 years old and NEED to wear sneakers.

I detect misogyny here. Wondered how long that would take to reappear despite the new identity. You held out a lot longer than I thought you would, Nedro. 

25 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

And it's always the same few that ruin this board for the rest of us.

Amen to that.  There are some people on just about every web board who are big bundles of negativity and can't resist sharing it.

I don't think the original complaint had anything to do with beauty or lack of it; it was about women being too busy to take care of the customers when they are doing what should be done on their own time: putting on their makeup.  IMO, this is something they ought to do outside of the public eye, anyway.

53 minutes ago, Xena said:

I detect misogyny here. Wondered how long that would take to reappear despite the new identity. You held out a lot longer than I thought you would, Nedro. 

There is nothing misogynistic about what I said in response to mudgirls derogatory comments about Mexican women which could be concluded as misogynistic and coming from a female no less. I suggest you look up the word before you make another one of your passive aggressive comments directed at me and certain other posters. By the way have any of you thought, especially you mudgirl,xena,al berca and gringal that there may be some wonderful Mexican women who know what to do with makeup,dress and generally deport themselves, viewing this board .

ned and no one else

7 minutes ago, ned small said:

There is nothing misogynistic about what I said in response to mudgirls derogatory comments about Mexican women which could be concluded as misogynistic and coming from a female no less. I suggest you look up the word before you make another one of your passive aggressive comments directed at me and certain other posters. By the way have any of you thought, especially you mudgirl,xena,al berca and gringal that there may be some wonderful Mexican women who know what to do with makeup,dress and generally deport themselves, viewing this board .

ned and no one else

I said NOTHING about Mexican women. I was addressing your behavior and there was nothing passive about it. Sorry I upset you when I called you out on your blind misogyny. 

8 minutes ago, Xena said:

I said NOTHING about Mexican women. I was addressing your behavior and there was nothing passive about it. Sorry I upset you when I called you out on your blind misogyny. 

NOBODY said anything derogatory about Mexican women.  The criticism was aimed at women (of any nationality) who are too busy putting on their makeup in front of everybody to attend to the customers in the restaurant that's paying their wages.   Someone is working way too hard to make a case based on nada.

Archived