Chapala.com Webboard

NEW Mexican Citizenship Exam 2018

Joe Johnstun

I am working on getting an appointment for my federal 'no antecedetes penales federal'  however, in the meantime...what is required for the letter under oath for enteries  and exits into Mexico?  This one is confusing me?  If I am submitting copies of my passport..all pages, it should be clear.  What is under oath, and who does it?  Again...thanks everyone for your help!

OK, first, I'm clarifying first that the No antecedentes penales form is totally different from the exit/entry documentation. To the latter, once you check your passport(s)--plural if you had to renew during the last two years--against the iNM records you will see that they likely don't match. For every exit, you should have a passport stamp (with an S) and a corresponding INM record from the FMM you submitted, with the same date. The same in reverse, for each reentry.  Each passport stamp has an E (entrada) or S (salida). I received a list (from INM? SRE? My attorney got it...) that logged all my outs and ins. I had to match those to (1) passport Salidas and Entradas as well as  (2) the INM records, which would be the FMM outs and ins. They must match. When (not if) they do not match (for example, if you did not complete the FMM, if INM didn't record the FMM, if the INM agent didn't stamp your passport legibly) I had to complete a chart and provide all the correct outs and ins over the last 24 months, then sign the affidavit swearing that the information I provided was correct. If you didn't travel much, this is easier than if you have several trips. By land is more difficult to reconcile as some borders appear not to turn in the FMM, but your passport is stamped.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response jrod!  I am aware that no antededetes penales is different than entry/exits.  So, just to clarify, I just have to go to the INM office and get copies of my FMM's for the past 2 years?  Should be fairly easy...I have only left and returned once in the past 2 years. Where is the affidavit , at the SRE office?  or at the INM office.  And a chart?  Is that necessary if all documents match?  Thank you! 🙂

On 5/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, Brenda26 said:

Thanks for the response jrod!  I am aware that no antededetes penales is different than entry/exits.  So, just to clarify, I just have to go to the INM office and get copies of my FMM's for the past 2 years?  Should be fairly easy...I have only left and returned once in the past 2 years. Where is the affidavit , at the SRE office?  or at the INM office.  And a chart?  Is that necessary if all documents match?  Thank you! 🙂

Your form for entries/exits needs to be for the 2 years prior to your application. The form should be basic and state the date of each exit and the date of each entry. You do not need to add the days.

The exits and entries should match those recorded in your passport. 

Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores

PRESENTE

YO_______________________________ BAJO PROTESTA DE DECIR VERDAD HE SALIDO DEL PAIS _______VECES.

Salidas                                                 Entradas 

18 01 2020                                          02  02  2020

21 03  2020                                         02  04  2020

(signature)

BUBBBA J GUMP

05  06  2020

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the office in Mexico City for No Antecedentes Penales is open at the moment?  I have tried sending emails and all the phone numbers...I'm guessing not at this time.  However, if anyone knows for sure, or know anyone who would know, could you please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

59 minutes ago, Brenda26 said:

Does anyone know if the office in Mexico City for No Antecedentes Penales is open at the moment?  I have tried sending emails and all the phone numbers...I'm guessing not at this time.  However, if anyone knows for sure, or know anyone who would know, could you please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

Have you called 55 5128 4100 

or emailed for an appointment? citasantecedentespenales@sspc.gob.mx  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hola,  So I think I might finally be getting somewhere with No Antecedentes Penales Federal.  I have been calling weekly to Mexico City, no answer!  I also sent all the required docs to the appointment email.  No answer!  A couple weeks ago I asked a notary to help with getting this document.  She is getting somewhere!  She forwarded an email asking to send all my documents and they will get it done in short time.   Hopefully very soon!  I think Mexico city must be answering professional people before replying to the public.  So if this is done...then I can go for my test (I hope)  I had an email from the Colima office, and everything in Colima is still suspended.  My question to those of you living in the Guadalajara area, do you know if Citizenship is operating in there?    Do I need an appointment?  I would like to get this done, I have been studying for the exam for so long!  I can't stop studying or I will forget everything!  Thanks again for any advice on this!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Then I guess my friends who live in Chapala who got their citizenship using Colima in 2019 were just lucky?

I can only relay what the facilitator in Colima told me when I asked for help, trying to avoid those in Guadalajara. She had helped a friend get his and he couldn't speak or read the most basic Spanish sentences.

Just now, AngusMactavish said:

I can only relay what the facilitator in Colima told me when I asked for help, trying to avoid those in Guadalajara. She had helped a friend get his and he couldn't speak or read the most basic Spanish sentences.

When AMLO came into office most of the branch managers were replaced.  My friends used an atty in Chapala in 2019. You could check again if you still haven't done it yet. 

On 7/16/2020 at 4:37 PM, Brenda26 said:

Hola,  So I think I might finally be getting somewhere with No Antecedentes Penales Federal.  I have been calling weekly to Mexico City, no answer!  I also sent all the required docs to the appointment email.  No answer!  A couple weeks ago I asked a notary to help with getting this document.  She is getting somewhere!  She forwarded an email asking to send all my documents and they will get it done in short time.   Hopefully very soon!  I think Mexico city must be answering professional people before replying to the public.  So if this is done...then I can go for my test (I hope)  I had an email from the Colima office, and everything in Colima is still suspended.  My question to those of you living in the Guadalajara area, do you know if Citizenship is operating in there?    Do I need an appointment?  I would like to get this done, I have been studying for the exam for so long!  I can't stop studying or I will forget everything!  Thanks again for any advice on this!

Hello! Do you know the email address where this person from No antecedentes replied? I have been trying to get a contact with them but no answers... Thank you!

• 2 months later...

I read on El Financiero that CDMX is offering the Carta de no Antecedentes Penales online, as of yesterday. Does anyone know if this online method would work for foreigners trying to obtain the Carta for naturalization purposes?

I intend to attempt to register a Llave CDMX tomorrow and try this for myself, but wondering if anyone has thoughts about whether our situation as extranjeros would prevent us from using the new online method.

Source: https://elfinanciero.com.mx/cdmx/tienes-un-nuevo-empleo-y-requieres-constancia-de-no-antecedentes-penales-ya-la-puedes-obtener-en-linea

Update: I just successfully created my cuenta "Llave CDMX"

The website is impressive. I entered my CURP and it auto-filled my data. Then I uploaded: (1) Color pdf of front and back of INM card, (2) photo of a recent foto tamanno credencial, and (3) An estado de cuenta from my bank.

Documents are under review and when approved, I will have a full account that *should* be sufficient to request a Carta de No Antecedentes Penales at the federal level.

**edit - Nope! This appears to be a solicitud for a Carta de No Antecedentes that is equivalent to the State-level Carta. In other words, if you reside in the CDMX, this would be the state letter of no criminal records, and not the letter you get in Coyoacan. In the "Alcaldia" section of the solicitud, the only listed options are neighborhoods of Mexico City.

• Like 1

8 days have passed since I emailed SEGOB requesting a cita, with all of the required information attached. I emailed both addresses that they've advertised (as above, and also citasantecedentes@ same domain). I've also called them several times but no one answers, and no one returns my voicemail messages.

I just received a response, 9 days after requesting the cita via email. They highlighted one of the required items, I suppose to indicate that I omitted it in my original request. I think it's accurate because I realized a few hours after I sent my request that I failed to include the solicitud, which I free typed, citing which law entitles me to request the carta, and which department/entity requires it of me (the SRE).

The email they sent from is: citasantecedentes@sspc.gob.mx

edit to give a timeline summary:

- Emailed them to requested a cita, with docs attached to email

- 9 days later, received a response the was a copy/paste of the required documents to attach, with "solicitud fundada" highlighted. No explanation, no human communication.

- A couple of hours after receiving their email, I replied with the request letter attached, and my signature pasted into the letter

- 5 days later they responded with a confirmation of cita, indicating the date and time and what to bring

Edited by Travelero
new information

Which SRE office do I go to in Mexico City after I receive the carta de no antecedentes penales?

I have a checklist of all of the items that I need to bring to apply for naturalizacion por residencia (from the SRE website), plus the amount that I need to pay before I go, and bring the receipt...but their website doesn't say which branch office in Mexico City handles this, and there are lots of locations.

https://directorio.sre.gob.mx/index.php/delegaciones

It's one block south from Parque Alameda 

Av Independencia 82, Colonia Centro, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06000 Mexico City, CDMX

Info regarding fees: https://sre.gob.mx/procedimiento-de-pago-de-derechos-a-traves-de-medios-electronicos-para-nacionalidad-y-naturalizacion

Enter tell the guard why you are there. He will send you to the counter to put your name on the list.  

AA Entrance.JPG