Chapala.com Webboard
Joe Johnstun

NEW Mexican Citizenship Exam 2018

FIrst you have to do the process at SRE in Spanish by yourself.  

If you are 60 or older there is no knowledge of Mexico test. You do need to show knowledge of the Spanish language.

in 2019 the Spanish test consisted of two parts. One was a short story from a magazine about 4 or 5 paragraphs. Then there were 5 multiple choice questions. You could refer back to the story as many times as you wanted. There was not a time limit. After they determined you passed multiple choice test you were handed a picture and then asked to write 3 sentences about the subject of the picture. Capitalization and punctuation were important. 5 word sentences were ok.  Again no time limit.

It has been written here that some people have experienced problems with local SRE offices. Some adding their own requirements, or time limits on the Spanish tests. 

Since you have to go to DF to get your federal police report you can do it all the same day. The SRE office in Mexico City seems to follow the letter of the law.  Arrive early about 20 minutes to the office for the police report (takes about 30 minutes. no cell phones allowed in building) then 15 -20 minutes to SRE office.  (Get 2 photocopies of police report just across the street)  Enter and sign in. Those over 60 are put to front of line.

If anyone completed the process in 2020 they can chime in about any changes. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info so far!  To add to this list, here is one thing I learned getting things organized,  my no antededentes penales>  I live in Jalisco so they must be issued by Jalisco.  For me it would be easier to go to Manzanillo, however that is a different state.  It is not required to go to Mexico city anymore, there are several offices in each state.  For Jalisco some of them are Puerto Vallarta, Autlan, Chapala, Tonal, Tlaquepaque, and several in Guadalajara.  The federal police office here said the delagato may be able to help get the federal as the Covid 19 stay at home is still in effect.  The exam itself, for me, can be done in Colima City.

The Jalisco police report is available in most municipalities in Jalisco.  You will need that as well as the federal police report. Both within 90 days of your application.

The rules seem to change weekly on getting the federal report. It is issued in Mexico City. One week an atty with a signed power of atty can get it , the next week available only in person.

You might get lucky with the covid shutdowns in effect.

I have heard that the Colima SRE office has been one of the  "helpful" offices as opposed to some where there are real jerks in charge. 

Some notes: on your form DNN-3 do not abbreviate anything.   ie Houston, Texas, United States of America Not Houston, Tx USA or EE:UU

Make sure your CURP is printed in color. Also the copies of your passport need to be in color including the front and back covers, and every page even if blank.

All other copies should be in black & white. 

https://mafiadoc.com/solicitud-de-carta-de-naturalizacion-dnn-3_598451b21723ddd16954035e.html

• Like 1

I'm wondering, to request a federal report, do you need any letter from SRE? What are the requirements to secure the federal report?

1 hour ago, nik said:

I'm wondering, to request a federal report, do you need any letter from SRE? What are the requirements to secure the federal report?

When I went in person,  they handed out an application at the door; we sat, completed the form, turned it in, were called to the desk by name and they researched online and presented the document.

15 hours ago, nik said:

There are no requirements to request the  federal or state reports. The federal is free. In Jalisco there was a charge.  The document is required for many employers. 

1 hour ago, nik said:

For federal, you just present  passport, residency card and birth certificate and indicate this is needed for process of naturalization? 

Thank you

https://www.gob.mx/cms/uploads/attachment/file/501856/ANTECEDENTES_07-2.pdf

I presented Passport and Residente Permanente card, and apostilled copy of BC with translation. I had b&w copies of all.   You fill out the request form which should take 5 minutes max.  In any case they are doing hundreds daily. I did not have an appointment and was out in about 30 minutes. 

That notice was 2 months ago. It would not be unusual to not announce the service is available again. 

Why not call them and ask ?     

Teléfono: (55) 51 28 41 00 | Interior de la República: 800 21 51 206 | 800 56 14 656
Atención a la ciudadanía: Ext. 18992, 18993, 18994 y 18733 | Horario de atención: 09:00 a 15:00 y 16:00 a 18:00 hrs.

• Like 1

I am working on getting an appointment for my federal 'no antecedetes penales federal'  however, in the meantime...what is required for the letter under oath for enteries  and exits into Mexico?  This one is confusing me?  If I am submitting copies of my passport..all pages, it should be clear.  What is under oath, and who does it?  Again...thanks everyone for your help!

OK, first, I'm clarifying first that the No antecedentes penales form is totally different from the exit/entry documentation. To the latter, once you check your passport(s)--plural if you had to renew during the last two years--against the iNM records you will see that they likely don't match. For every exit, you should have a passport stamp (with an S) and a corresponding INM record from the FMM you submitted, with the same date. The same in reverse, for each reentry.  Each passport stamp has an E (entrada) or S (salida). I received a list (from INM? SRE? My attorney got it...) that logged all my outs and ins. I had to match those to (1) passport Salidas and Entradas as well as  (2) the INM records, which would be the FMM outs and ins. They must match. When (not if) they do not match (for example, if you did not complete the FMM, if INM didn't record the FMM, if the INM agent didn't stamp your passport legibly) I had to complete a chart and provide all the correct outs and ins over the last 24 months, then sign the affidavit swearing that the information I provided was correct. If you didn't travel much, this is easier than if you have several trips. By land is more difficult to reconcile as some borders appear not to turn in the FMM, but your passport is stamped.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response jrod!  I am aware that no antededetes penales is different than entry/exits.  So, just to clarify, I just have to go to the INM office and get copies of my FMM's for the past 2 years?  Should be fairly easy...I have only left and returned once in the past 2 years. Where is the affidavit , at the SRE office?  or at the INM office.  And a chart?  Is that necessary if all documents match?  Thank you! 🙂

16 minutes ago, Brenda26 said:

Thanks for the response jrod!  I am aware that no antededetes penales is different than entry/exits.  So, just to clarify, I just have to go to the INM office and get copies of my FMM's for the past 2 years?  Should be fairly easy...I have only left and returned once in the past 2 years. Where is the affidavit , at the SRE office?  or at the INM office.  And a chart?  Is that necessary if all documents match?  Thank you! 🙂

Your form for entries/exits needs to be for the 2 years prior to your application. The form should be basic and state the date of each exit and the date of each entry. You do not need to add the days.

When I applied the I used an older form that had a column for the days outside of Mexico  They did not like that and gave me a new one to fill in while they were verifying the rest of my documents.  

The exits and entries should match those recorded in your passport. 

Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores

PRESENTE

YO_______________________________ BAJO PROTESTA DE DECIR VERDAD HE SALIDO DEL PAIS _______VECES.

Salidas                                                 Entradas 

18 01 2020                                          02  02  2020

21 03  2020                                         02  04  2020

(signature)

BUBBBA J GUMP

05  06  2020

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brenda26 said:

Thanks Mostlylost!  And I can make this form myself or is it supplied at SRE?

You make it yourself.  Use the format I showed.   It worked fine in DF

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the office in Mexico City for No Antecedentes Penales is open at the moment?  I have tried sending emails and all the phone numbers...I'm guessing not at this time.  However, if anyone knows for sure, or know anyone who would know, could you please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

59 minutes ago, Brenda26 said:

Does anyone know if the office in Mexico City for No Antecedentes Penales is open at the moment?  I have tried sending emails and all the phone numbers...I'm guessing not at this time.  However, if anyone knows for sure, or know anyone who would know, could you please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

Have you called 55 5128 4100 

or emailed for an appointment? citasantecedentespenales@sspc.gob.mx  

• Like 1

Yes, sent an email with all documents requested, early last week...have not heard anything back.  Also have been trying to call the numbers several times a day and just get the recording. 

I think they might be closed!