Chapala.com Webboard
Joe Johnstun

NEW Mexican Citizenship Exam 2018

https://tramites.jalisco.gob.mx/tramite/5097

This website shoudl help you with your question about Antecedentes No Penales Estatal. 

Federal Antecedentes.  -When my husband went through the process (4 years ago), he used the attorney under the blue umbrella at LCS.  We paid him a fee to obtain the documents from MX City.  We received the documents from him about a week later.  We did not go to MX City.  I understand that you are asking for help from someone in GDL.  I cannot help you with that, sorry.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, willhk said:

Just wondering if someone has anyone in Mexico City who can help with the Antecedentes No Penales Federal. 

People who lives in Guadalajara who made the naturalization test, where did you get the ANTECEDENTES NO PENALES ESTATAL?

I went (twice) with my attorney to get the required documents; it's my understanding that the admin flip-flops between allowing someone with your power of attorney to get that document for you and requiring your physical presence. A local "antecedentes no penales" was also required; I went to Chapala for that; the fee was minimal, something like $108mx, if I remember correctly from last summer.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 8:05 PM, willhk said:

Just wondering if someone has anyone in Mexico City who can help with the Antecedentes No Penales Federal. 

People who lives in Guadalajara who made the naturalization test, where did you get the ANTECEDENTES NO PENALES ESTATAL?

Here you go:
http://www.unioncdmx.mx/articulo/2017/07/31/seguridad/carta-de-antecedentes-no-penales-en-cdmx-como-tramitarla

• Like 1

Most recent is the requirement for Federal you need to appear in person in Mexico City. Process takes about 15-30 minutes depending on the number of people. 

For the state of Jalisco you can get it in the Chapala plaza. Very small office on the lake side of the plaza. Takes about 5 minutes if no one is waiting. 

With a new administration there could be changes. Everything is closed now for vacation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Well thank you.  The plant has a bushy palm top and a huge round root-looking trunk.  That's why it's called the foot of an elephant.  There's one up the street that has a base as big as a VW Bug.

HAPPY 2019

• Like 1

How long after the SRE web site tells you that your documents have been issued, does it take for them to reach your hands? Soy una orgullosa mujer Mexicana!

22 hours ago, Niki said:

How long after the SRE web site tells you that your documents have been issued, does it take for them to reach your hands? Soy una argullosa mujer Mexicana!

It took me from late November 's issuance till mid-January. Of course, Christmas holidays affected this but the diplomatic pouch my document was in got "misdirected" from CDMX to Guadalajara; once located it had a typo in my last name; for efficacy,  we chose to fly back to CDMX to get it.. AND, note, the standard waiting time to get your passport is about 4-6 weeks after you have your doc in hand. New 2019 rules are that the issuing passport office must confirm with CDMX the authenticity of your naturalization paper...yep, the one they, themselves, just issued. And you must have an appointment through the online scheduler. 

AND, when you go for your INE: none of the emails you will get telling you which documents to bring will include that you need your CURP....the NEW printout that has the colored Mexican flag on it, not the one you've had since Day 1. Glad I took everything with me, anticipating this. No copies needed, by the way....they scanned it all.

http://www.soniadiaz.mx/citizenship.html

My client received his citizenship this week.

Yes...the new history and culture exam is a doosey. STUDY HARD.

When was the registro Civil initiated in Mexico? What Mexican won the Nobel prize in Science? Name the mexicana that won Miss Universe? Who authored "The tragedy of Tlateloco"? What school did the spaniards send the indigenous nobles to be educated in spanish ways? I flunked twice ..but third time passed.  Eight of ten needed to pass.  Each test was different.

I'm in Oaxaca.  Go to the state police headquarters for local antecedentes... comprobante, curp, pasaporte copias y fotos...took 4 days and 138 pesos          Federal antecedentes 30 mins and free.

19 hours ago, jrod said:

It took me from late November 's issuance till mid-January. Of course, Christmas holidays affected this but the diplomatic pouch my document was in got "misdirected" from CDMX to Guadalajara; once located it had a typo in my last name; for efficacy,  we chose to fly back to CDMX to get it.. AND, note, the standard waiting time to get your passport is about 4-6 weeks after you have your doc in hand. New 2019 rules are that the issuing passport office must confirm with CDMX the authenticity of your naturalization paper...yep, the one they, themselves, just issued. And you must have an appointment through the online scheduler. 

AND, when you go for your INE: none of the emails you will get telling you which documents to bring will include that you need your CURP....the NEW printout that has the colored Mexican flag on it, not the one you've had since Day 1. Glad I took everything with me, anticipating this. No copies needed, by the way....they scanned it all.

Thanks so much your your response.

Was your citizenship document mailed to you?

7 hours ago, Niki said:

Thanks so much your your response.

Was your citizenship document mailed to you?

You must pick it up in person and sign and sign and thumbprint; there's an oath to read and sign reiterating your allegiance to Mexico while on Mexican soil.

Another recommendation: after you get your document and your passport (both) ,  apply for certified copies of your naturalization document. You pay at the bank before submitting the application ($20 each) but your naturalization papers cannot be notarized by a notario, as you do other papers (license, etc.)--only by SRE. This way, you can have multiples in different places for security. It is a booger, I'm told, to try to replace the original and my attorney suggested getting multiple copies. It takes about 3 weeks. You can have them mailed or give someone (like your attorney) power of attorney to pick them up if you don't want yet another trip to Guadalajara for this reason. And your INE application takes about 3 weeks: they'll give you a pick-up date.

Thank so much for your kind response, paisano.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:39 PM, jrod said:

It got the call this morning to go get my papers. I was so excited and my hearing is so bad that I was a bit un-clear. I'm pretty sure she said that I don't need an appointment. Just go to SRE between 8:00 and 1:00 Monday through Thursday. Wait! You said INE, not SRE. Are they in the same building? And Where do I get my new CURP. I'm sorry for all the questions. I so appreciate the guidance you invested your time to give me.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:39 PM, jrod said:

I took the oath of citizenship yesterday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niki said:

Citizen Niki - I love the sound of it! Congrats for all your hard work, including learning Spanish.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:06 AM, Niki said:

Congrats. Just now seeing this. Did you get clarity on my posting of INE and printing the updated CURP (it has a colored Mexican flag on it)?

I pick up my card in Chapala on June 17.

The need to go in person for a Federal background check changed last summer. There my sister meets clients. 

Question: is it not possible for those at lakeside to complete the Federal background check in Guadalajara? Or, currently do they too require to go all the way to Mexico City? 

thanks

soniadiaz.mx

On 6/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, Sonia said:

The need to go in person for a Federal background check changed last summer. There my sister meets clients. 

Question: is it not possible for those at lakeside to complete the Federal background check in Guadalajara? Or, currently do they too require to go all the way to Mexico City? 

thanks

soniadiaz.mx

This can only be handled in Mexico City.  

Federal report only in CDMX rules regarding power of attornys working seem to change all the time. I was told no PA had to be in person.  Bought my airline ticket 2 weeks in advance. When I was there I saw an agent getting 5 reports. 

• Haha 1