Chapala.com Webboard

access to the periferico

barrbower

Unless I missed something, which is quite possible, it now seems that when heading into Guad on Lopez Mateos you can't exit and head west on the periferico.  You can still get on and go east and you can still get off the periferico onto LM when traveling west.  It looks like they just took out the cloverleaf that let you do the normal loop up to the westbound periferico.  We just went past the Home Depot and traveled back east until we got to the entrance to head west.  Has anybody heard about a design change or eventual addition of some way to make that portion of the trip easier?  

Alan

I think that the OP is referring to the Lopez Mateos intersection....

I think that that Lopez Mateos 'access' to the Periferico was eliminated within the last year. A Google Maps view of it in 2015 shows it to be there but the 2017 view shows that it is now gone.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

I think that the OP is referring to the Lopez Mateos intersection....

I think that that Lopez Mateos 'access' to the Periferico was eliminated within the last year. A Google Maps view of it in 2015 shows it to be there but the 2017 view shows that it is now gone.

Before it disappeared elaborate plans were shown in the Guadalajara Reporter on how they were going to redo to make it a super easy cloverleaf but they did the opposite-made it worse. 

So, it seems that you exit to the right before getting to the periferico but stay in the left portion of that exit .  Then you travel under the periferico and loop around and then go under Lopez Mateos and the loop up onto northwest bound periferico.  Well, I guess I did miss something.  I hope that works better that the crazy cloverleaf.  They never seem to do the same thing twice when configuring highway intersections.  They always seem "casi perfecto." Thanks for the info.

Alan

Archived