Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

Here is the simplest recipe and delicious.

1 pkg of cranberries, one cup of sugar, one cup of orange juice.  Heat until all cranberries have popped.  It will thicken all by itself.

enjoy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove by Superlake this Christmas morning and then turned around and drove by El Toritos and then home. Everything was closed. About the only store open was/is Salvador's where a very few of us had breakfast. There was absolutely no traffic. I have never seen the streets so empty of vehicles. I loved it. No I did not need anything this morning other than breakfast. It was just that the streets were so empty of traffic, I couldn't resist driving by Superlake to see that this year it was closed.

Merry Christmas everyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, johanson said:

I drove by Superlake this Christmas morning and then turned around and drove by El Toritos and then home. Everything was closed. About the only store open was/is Salvador's where a very few of us had breakfast. There was absolutely no traffic. I have never seen the streets so empty of vehicles. I loved it. No I did not need anything this morning other than breakfast. It was just that the streets were so empty of traffic, I couldn't resist driving by Superlake to see that this year it was closed.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Did you check out WalMart!!!! Mission unfinished 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I didn't. I presume it is open but do not know. I have to get the house cleaned up for Christmas dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johanson said:

No, I didn't. I presume it is open but do not know. I have to get the house cleaned up for Christmas dinner.

I must have misplaced my invite....

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RickS said:

I must have misplaced my invite....

you didn't misplace it, your address was crossed out and sent to me instead(yes you know me Rick I used to live in the Springs and Alaska)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SuperLake generally has not closed in the close-to 20 years I've been here. Proof you cannot see is my turkey dinner one Christmas Day three years ago, when my pan broke and I had to go to the only open store in town to get a replacement: SuperLake. And trust me, that's the only day I cook a turkey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pancho's challenge:  For anyone with mobility problems, be aware that there are seven steep concrete steps to get into his new place at the El Bar Co location.  I hope he prospers and moves to a more accessible location.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the warning. That saves me the trip I planned to go look it over.  I can't  do seven steep steps. I would think those would a hazard even for the young packers who help take your packages  to the car.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question? I entered by first going into El Barco and then walked over to Pancho's. Both businesses are at the same elevation. I seem to remember that there were fewer stairs and not so steep when you enter via BarCo. Correct me if I am wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct, Johanson. You can enter via the easy access stairs to El Barco and walk along the outdoor front breezeway to Pancho's. I have occasional mobility issues and it is no problem for me. I hope folks try before ruling it out.

Edited by kam
missing word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kam said:

Correct, Johanson. You can enter via the easy access stairs to El Barco and walk along the outdoor front breezeway to Pancho's. I have occasional mobility issues and it is no problem for me. I hope folks try before ruling it out.

Sounds better, and I do want to check it out.  Question:  Is there a railing on the stairs to El Bar Co?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My spouse checked it out today, noticed how well it's coming together inside.  However, those three big steps going to El Bar Co are no joy,  either.  Fine, if you have no problems at all.  Go and shop.

Personally, I'm hoping for his prosperity....and a move to a place with NO steps.  Feliz Ano Nuevo, Pancho.............and to all the rest of you, too!:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gringal said:

........  Feliz Ano Nuevo, .......... to all the rest of you, too!:)

I don‘t need a new one, as mine is working just fine.

Felis Año Nuevo to you, anyway.    ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

I don‘t need a new one, as mine is working just fine.

Felis Año Nuevo to you, anyway.    ;)

....so my choice of words isn't the best.  Happy New Year, RV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go far enough West toward the other end of Barco etc, isn't there even a short sloped entry allowing for someone with a wheel chair to enter? It is steep enough so that someone would have to have help pushing the wheel chair Or did I see that wrong. I was just driving by. Sorry when I looked I don't remember whether there were hand rails or not

Yes those several very steep steps have to be replaced or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Metuchenmama said:

The steps are high and no handrail.  I won't be shopping there.

Yes the steps are too high, that is why you should use the other entrances where there are fewer steps mentioned above. Also why not let Pancho know about the problem. I would but I'm in transit to the cold north for a short visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Metuchenmama said:

The steps are high and no handrail.  I won't be shopping there.

So you're going to give up before even asking Pancho if he's going to be improving the entrance access?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did the OP topic of: is Superlake open on Christmas and if they have a certain cranberry and fresh and canned butternut squash devolve into if Poncho's new store has steps that are easy to navigate? Get over it folks, these are 2 completely different businesses. Please keep to the topic and make it easy on folks like myself who are just trying to get the facts and are easily confused. Gracias

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2017 at 4:08 PM, johanson said:

If you go far enough West toward the other end of Barco etc, isn't there even a short sloped entry allowing for someone with a wheel chair to enter? It is steep enough so that someone would have to have help pushing the wheel chair Or did I see that wrong. I was just driving by. Sorry when I looked I don't remember whether there were hand rails or not

Yes those several very steep steps have to be replaced or something.

According to the photo on Google Maps Street view (and my memory) there is a ramp leading into the front porch over by the furniture store, but then you would need to go up a couple of steps when you get to the front of El Barco, going across the front porch. The main El Barco entrance is three steps. There is no rail, but you could easily brace yourself on the top of the bricks to either side, theoretically. This is the same entrance you would use for the bar itself for the weekend market days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really a small store.  Stocked to the utmost but just not enough room for what I was used to at Superlake.   It's smaller and less stocked than my local abarrotes but of course with more product from EU.  Yes jammed with extranjeros and little room for more than 2 people in an aisle.  But parking was ok although some of it was a tad thoughtless using the street and Pemex in which to leave cars.   Just my observations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2017 at 2:57 PM, gringal said:

Pancho's challenge:  For anyone with mobility problems, be aware that there are seven steep concrete steps to get into his new place at the El Bar Co location.  I hope he prospers and moves to a more accessible location.

The steps are being changed next week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...