Chapala.com Webboard

RFC's Expired?

hensley

Don't believe so:

¿Es cierto ke la homoclave de mi RFC tiene fecha de vencimiento ...

15 jul. 2012 - La homoclave del RFC son los últimos 3 caracteres (números y/o letras) que componen tu RFC; es única e irrepetible y por lo tanto sirve para evitar la duplicidad de información de las personas. Ni tu RFC ni la homoclave tienen fecha de vencimiento ni expiran; éste será el mismo toda tu vida, no es ...

I've had my RFC for many years and used it occasionally but in recent weeks with my (unexpected) hip replacement surgery, I've had to ask for Facturas for EVERYTHING related to this situation.  It's been very frustrating at Farmacia Guadalajara, the Lake Med Center and a couple of other places where I've purchased medications or equipment for Rehab.  At first they say my RFC isn't valid even though I have it printed from the SAT site who is the government body that issues RFC's.  Then, the next excuse is their equipment is non-functioning and I should return later in the day or another day.  Next, they tell me I'll receive it by email later that day or the following day.  I've had to return to Farmacia GDL twice and Lake Med 3 times.  Still don't have the one from Lake Med, now they are saying Tuesday (mid-day).  

On a positive note, while asking for Facturas from Doctors and Physical Therapists, it's been easy and prompt.  Just seems the commercial shops/businesses are the difficult ones.  But, I shall press forward, LOL.  Since my Health Insurance Co. will reimburse me for these expenses, it's worth the frustration and time to get the Facturas. :)

Happy Holidays!

Valerie :)

At Guadalajara Farmacia, ask for a factura receipt.  It will be a long receipt.  You'll need to give them your factura information.  At the bottom of the receipt will be a web site.  Log into that and give the factura receipt information, along with your information, and you will receive an electronic factura in a day or 2.

If a business tells you your RFC is expired, refuses to give you a factura when asked, or gives you the run-around, REPORT THEM TO SAT (Hacienda). It is totally illegal for them not to issue you or send to your email address a factura at the time of your purchase.  And Hacienda wants to know who is scamming on their taxes. If they don't give you a factura, they are charging you IVA, but are pocketing the IVA, rather than submitting it to govt. A little mom and pop grocery store does not deal in facturas, nor do I think any of us would expect them to, but Farmacia Guadalajara? That's outrageous.

Yea, I know!  It seems that  although I''m paying the 16% VAT, they shouldn't have a problem issuing the Factura.  Yes, I've been able to get the lengthy slip from Farmacia GDL on some occasions but more often than not, they delay and give me trouble. Not to worry, I will prevail.  I've learned patience is a virtue that is best kept and used here, LOL.  Anyway, just a lesson to those who haven't had need for such nonsense.  I never did before this, either.  Lesson learned:  ALWAYS ask for the Factura.  

Happy Holidays,

Val :)

8 hours ago, rvanparys said:

Why would one need a factura for meds, equipment, etc unless it is a requirement for reimbursement?

Exactly, they are used as requirements for reimbursements. And if you get them for things pertaining to your house, i.e.construction materials, appliances, they can be used as capital gains deductions when you sell.

Weird. I've been collecting Facturas from Farmacia Guadalajara all year, since before April. I've needed two surgeries. First visit to FG, they put my RFC# and email addy into their system. I guess I got lucky (?) because they got it right. Since the very first time I get the long receipt printout Factura at purchase, then an easier to deal with digital version by email a few days later. 

Sorry you're having troubles with them, Val. I've had to chase down Facturas from other places, but not Farmacia Guadalajara.

45 minutes ago, thevalerieleigh said:

Yea, I know!  It seems that  although I''m paying the 16% VAT, they shouldn't have a problem issuing the Factura.  Yes, I've been able to get the lengthy slip from Farmacia GDL on some occasions but more often than not, they delay and give me trouble. Not to worry, I will prevail.  I've learned patience is a virtue that is best kept and used here, LOL.  Anyway, just a lesson to those who haven't had need for such nonsense.  I never did before this, either.  Lesson learned:  ALWAYS ask for the Factura.  

Happy Holidays,

Val :)

A good idea, if you require a factura, is to ask BEFORE you make a purchase, if there will be any problem getting a factura at the time of your purchase. I.e there is a person on staff at the moment who can do that, their computer and printers are functioning, etc.

Most places I deal with will give me a factura at the checkout. They also send one to my email address. You can request both. Walmart makes you enter your own information at the computer at customer (non-) service counter. The company I order supplies from that ships to me sends me the factura via email. So there are different ways that different businesses deal with it, but any large, legitimate business should give one if asked.

If one asks for a factura for a service, though, you should be aware that the price may go up since they will have to add IVA. In my small business, with no employees, no one has ever asked for a factura, but if they did, I would have to add on 16% IVA, as I would then have to submit that factura to the tax dept and pay the IVA on the service. I still report and pay income tax on my earnings, but since I make under a certain amount a year, I am not required to charge or submit IVA unless the customer needs a factura.

10 hours ago, mudgirl said:

A good idea, if you require a factura, is to ask BEFORE you make a purchase, if there will be any problem getting a factura at the time of your purchase. I.e there is a person on staff at the moment who can do that, their computer and printers are functioning, etc.

Most places I deal with will give me a factura at the checkout. They also send one to my email address. You can request both. Walmart makes you enter your own information at the computer at customer (non-) service counter. The company I order supplies from that ships to me sends me the factura via email. So there are different ways that different businesses deal with it, but any large, legitimate business should give one if asked.

If one asks for a factura for a service, though, you should be aware that the price may go up since they will have to add IVA. In my small business, with no employees, no one has ever asked for a factura, but if they did, I would have to add on 16% IVA, as I would then have to submit that factura to the tax dept and pay the IVA on the service. I still report and pay income tax on my earnings, but since I make under a certain amount a year, I am not required to charge or submit IVA unless the customer needs a factura.

With SAT it does not matter how much you make a year, you pay your taxes according to the percentage bi monthly.

Yes, thanks for the reminder.  I am aware that I should tell them in advance that my Insurance Company requires a Factura.  I have, LOL.  But, then I get the "lo que pasa es...." and know I'm in for trouble.  And yes, I always pay the 16% IVA for services in order to obtain the Factura.  It's just interesting that individuals providing services don't seem to have any technical difficulties presenting a Factura in person and/or via email but these Stores (Farmacia GDL and Lake Med Center seem to have issues).  No problems with Farmacias in GDL, though.  Anyway, I'm sure it'll all work out, just bored with the loss of time when having to return numerous times and make phone calls to obtain the Facturas. :)

Valerie

At Guad Farmacia, always tell them you need a factura receipt.  It will be the long one and will say factura at the bottom, but this receipt is NOT a factura, but there is the web site as I mentioned you can log into, put in the information required and you will receive an electronic factora fairly soon.

You have to do the leg work with GF .

I suspect that, as with many things, the problem may be that the expat customer is unaware of the procedure, and the clerk is unable to explain it in English. From that point onward, confusion prevails.

7 hours ago, hensley said:

With SAT it does not matter how much you make a year, you pay your taxes according to the percentage bi monthly.

I don't know why you would write this- it is incorrect. I have been in business here in Mexico for 16 years- there is a category for small business wherein if you gross less than 100,000 pesos/year, which I do, it is not necessary to charge and submit IVA unless a customer requires a factura.

Perhaps that's accurate in many cases.  After living here 12 years and speaking pretty good Spanish, neither a lack of ability to communicate nor an understanding of the process has been the problem with Farmacia GDL (Ajijic location).  It seems to me the problem is I've had the misfortune of dealing with several employees who haven't been trained to produce the longer "factura" type receipt.  So far, my Mexican Insurance Co. has accepted this type of receipt instead of requiring the one that is received by email.  

Anyway, all good reminders for those in the future who require this as well.

Happy Holidays,

Valerie :)

19 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I don't know why you would write this- it is incorrect. I have been in business here in Mexico for 16 years- there is a category for small business wherein if you gross less than 100,000 pesos/year, which I do, it is not necessary to charge and submit IVA unless a customer requires a factura.

I do have a small business and don't come close to this number and pay my taxes every 2 months. I didn't say anything about IVA, I mentioned SAT!

1 hour ago, hensley said:

I do have a small business and don't come close to this number and pay my taxes every 2 months. I didn't say anything about IVA, I mentioned SAT!

On 12/25/2017 at 9:46 AM, hensley said:

Then sorry, but I don't understand what this had to do with my post, which you quoted. I was talking about facturas and IVA. And yes, I do file and pay my taxes every 2 months.

Archived