Chapala.com Webboard

iShop scam

Kyle

They must either pay nothing in duty or nearly nothing to charge huge fees and then "eat it" if the customer says no. I thought I remembered when they were the old incantation that part of what you signed was agreeing to pay any duty they paid on your behalf and if you refused, adios to your mailbox. Our first year it cost me $200 for a Christmas CD our realtor in Houston sent, lol. Sounds like enough suckers pay up so I guess you can't blame them. Estafeta's rate of $3.50 US per pound, with a 10# minimum, covers our freight cost and any duty they may have to pay. Oversize boxes increase the poundage as with most any carrier.

Shipping from NOB to here is expensive. Sol y Luna charges 50% of the invoice price for most things but you know the cost up-front. For gifts with no invoice they charge anything from 50 pesos to a few hundred pesos based on size and weight.

For bulky, expensive items I use Estafeta's Merkalink service.

It pays to shop around.

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

Shipping from NOB to here is expensive. Sol y Luna charges 50% of the invoice price for most things but you know the cost up-front. For gifts with no invoice they charge anything from 50 pesos to a few hundred pesos based on size and weight.

For bulky, expensive items I use Estafeta's Merkalink service.

It pays to shop around.

They are overcharging. It is cheaper to ship to Estafeta's Laredo address and have it delivered here.

I attached the documents  with the fees. Email aurea.hernandez@estafetausa.com for the form.

Estafeta USA, Inc.

610 W. Alabama St.

Houston, TX 77006

Tel: 713-218-6600

Fax: 713-270-6491

Service Free USA “Ship to” Address Agreement

By signing, you authorize to charge your credit card once your merchandise have been received in your new mailbox. Your card will be charged according to the following terms:

• First 2 Lb USD $ 9.50 (real or volumetric weight)

• Each additional Lb USD $ .85 cents

• Custom Broker fee USD $ 6.50 if merchandise value is beetwen USD $ 0.00 to USD $ 50.00 (per shipment)

• Custom bróker fee USD $ 9.25 if merchandise value is beetwen USD 51.00 to USD $ 1000.00 (per shipment)

• Import Duties 16% (Over merchandise value)

• Insurance 2% (Over merchandise value)

You will be notified by email for the total amount charged to your credit card. We will send your package to customs once you make the payment. This authorization is valid until we received a notice in writing by the cardholder to remove this information from our files or once the card has expired.

Your Free “Ship to” address , will be :

Your name/ FACILITO – 0100*

5802 Bob Bullock Loop Unit C-1

Laredo, TX 78041

* This code will be provided once you have filled out this agreement.

Por favor completar la siguiente información:

Card: Visa MasterCard AMEX Discover

Cardholder name __________________________________________________
Address _______________________________________________________

Phone number(Including área code)______________________________________________

Numeración en la tarjeta ______________________________________________________

Expiration date ____________ Billing zip code ___________

Security code (3 dígits on the back for Visa/MC, 4 dígits on the back for AMEX) _______

Email:___________________________________________________________________________

Please send your Agreement by email to aurea.hernandez@estafetausa.com or by fax to 713-270-6491

NOMBRE FIRMA________________ FECHA ___________

I certified that I am the authorized user of this credit card and I will be not able to made legal disputes for the previous authorized charges with my credfit card company.

Is this charge for a package sent through a forwarding service (example: hits an ishop texas address first) , or is it a package that has been sent directly to their Mexico location?

I have never paid anything for Amazon and international packages (Australia etc), when they have been sent directly to Handymail. 

Just curious as a friend is weighing options, comparing Handymail to Ishop.

Archived